Dometic B2200 Remote Issues (2 Viewers)

MattyG

Free Member
Aug 13, 2023
Funster No
MH
Conqueror 2002
Hi,
I recently bought a van with a Dometic B2200 air con unit. It came with a remote and when using it the unit didn't respond. So before taking the plunge and ordering the correct remote from Dometic I decided to get a universal one off amazon to check the unit was ok. To my surprise the amazon remote managed to switch it on and after messing about with it the compressor kicked on and it started producing cool air. Unfortunately this amazon remote doesn't control it correctly as some buttons work but I can't control the fan speed or the temperature so decided right the air con unit works so ill buy the correct remote. I looked it up and managed to order a Dometic remote with b2200 listed as supported (PN 386520126). I doubled checked on a couple of websites to make sure it was the right one. It arrived and nothing again, unit doesn't respond and its like there's nothing there. Does anyone know if these have to be paired or am I just doing something wrong. If anyone could give any advice it would be appreciated.
Cheers

Matt

Aug 13, 2022
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Sussex
This may sound daft but, when you use the remote, are you stood underneath the unit?
I noticed that ours doesn't communicate to the unit unless you're stood underneath it.

OP
OP
MattyG

MattyG

Free Member
Aug 13, 2023
Funster No
MH
Conqueror 2002
This may sound daft but, when you use the remote, are you stood underneath the unit?
I noticed that ours doesn't communicate to the unit unless you're stood underneath it.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I've tried close and away and with the cover off doesn't seem to make a difference, the universal one switches it on so the receiver is working, just doesn't seem to want to co-operate with the dometic remote.
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
w2f

I have a handbook and can't recall any mention of needing to pair the remote so it should work as soon as batteries are fitted
I'll have a read of it in the morning if you don't have a copy

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
And ours just decides to when the heck it likes (or rather, not likes too)
They call it 'progress?'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back