Domestic RM8550 No Gas Flow (1 Viewer)

Mccrn56

Free Member
May 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Bailey
I have a Domestic RM8550 fridge that isn't working on gas. I cannot get any gas flow to the burner so obviously the fridge won't light. I have confirmed that there is gas to the inlet side of gas valve - this model has the valve located behind the selector panel on top of the fridge. I have given the valve a tap in case it is seized but hasn't worked.
My assumption is that this is a fault with the mechanical part of the valve preventing the flow of gas, as by pressing and turning the selector in it should allow the flow of gas regardless of the electrical inputs. Am I right in thinking the electric solenoid is only required to keep the valve open after the fridge has lit and the selector is manually released?

Before I spend money on a new valve, please can anyone confirm if this can also be caused by an electrical fault?

I have also checked the continuity of the 3 way selector switch and it appears that this is also faulty on the gas setting, but despite bypassing this switch it hasn't made any difference. So it appears I probably have more than one fault which is also a bit of a coincidence.
Any help and guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back