Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Never ever thought to leave our dogs behind in kennels .We placed the cat in one for a couple of weeks ten years ago and I am sure if we had not come back when we did she would have being dead ,never again .We have travelled all over Europe and Uk with the dogs and the cat(female and as clean as a whistle) ,never had a problem and we enjoy the animals with us anyway .Pets are part of the family and our trips away would never had being the same without them .lol

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Our dogs have been great "ice breakers" when we're away on holiday. Most people are happy to come over to give them a stroke which leads on to a chat, especially from folks who have left there's at home in kennels !

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Off to Germany next week and my little terrier will be with me. I use the tunnel which is great and he has a cool vest if the weather necessitates. He has just had a hair cut (or rather a stripping comb) and looks far slimmer and better for it. Can’t imagine going away without him.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Ask your wife if she would enjoy a few weeks imprisoned in a concrete cell in solitary confinement? There will be constant stress from other inmates distress at being locked in.

No sofa or comfy bed in most kennels and no grass to exercise and toilet on, just a caged concrete run with a drain

Some holiday hey?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We had a motorhome long before we got Jamie; at the time we had no thoughts of getting a dog, it was more that she won't fly, boats are not much better and hotels etc. were too regimented for us.

It was some time later when we realised how many motorhomers had dogs that we returned to the subject of her always wanting a Westie, which we'd discarded because a/ when I was younger I was allergic to dogs and b/ we were still working and refused to leave a dog on its own all day long. After a long break in the company of other dog lovers I discovered I was no longer affected and we had both finished work, so we went for it.

Although he doesn't mind being left for a few hours at a time there is no way we would now go anywhere without him. He loves travelling and is as good as gold as long as he gets his regular walkies when we stop/carry on. Yes, it can cause a few problems but there is always a work around.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Our 2 have just been sheared and are ready for their holidays over to Greece later this week
. Lulu (smaller one) likes the warm weather and sunbathing. Otto not so much and he will always find a bit of shade or otherwise takes himself under the motorhome. Needless to say, we take them everywhere with us.

20190514_150732.jpg

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back