Dogs and Norway! (1 Viewer)

Feb 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renault Master
I’m thinking of going to Norway in my camper with my two well behaved dogs….they will not think kindly of 2/3 weeks being walked on a lead….. does anyone have experience of dogs in Norway….do you really have to keep them on leads between April and August?

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
We didn't see that many dogs but those in town were all on leads and quite a few muzzled. Once out in the country ours was off the lead but only around the van when parked - up on our own, normal practise even when at home..

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I’m thinking of going to Norway in my camper with my two well behaved dogs….they will not think kindly of 2/3 weeks being walked on a lead….. does anyone have experience of dogs in Norway….do you really have to keep them on leads between April and August?
I believe that is the law and Norwegians tend to be law abiding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

It‘s pretty much the case in most of Europe due to wildlife in the countryside and then numpties every where else…

Although as in most places i assume there‘s common sense and tolerance. We also plan to take both of ours this July and I’ll certainly try to have them off lead as much as possible although will certainly be happy to comply with what the other people around me are comfortable with. And i assume that in the busier tourist areas that on lead will just be sensible and needed anyway.

Would be good to hear some real experiences though👍🏻

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back