Dog friendly areas round Lac Annecy (1 Viewer)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
im planning a late Spring trip to Lac Annecy and have just discovered that dogs aren't allowed on the lake beaches, this is disappointing to put it mildly. I'd hoped to be able to camp at one of the lakeside sites and walk the cycle way into Annecy, or just along the lakeside. How close is the cycleway to the beach? Are dogs allowed on the path? Can anyone offer any alternatives?Are there any rivers around to dip the dog in?

Thanks, as always for your thoughts.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Nice lakeside aire at La Balme de Sillingy with bar / resturant
It's a bit away from Annecy

We stayed there a couple of years ago.

That weekend Annecy was rammed solid so we went there instead. Other than us all the vans there were French which to me says a lot. (At Annecy pretty much all the vans we saw were foreign)

Great little find. If we ever need a stopover in that general area again we'll go there instead of Annecy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
There is a municipal camp site at Lake Annecy. Really nice warden. Very helpful. Can't remember the name but ACSI site was hammered so uses the other. Right next to the cycle way
She'll remember us because I turned onto the cycle way IN ERROR and she remarked about it.
And importantly, it's dog friendly.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
From memory there's only really one aire at Annecy on the West side of the lake and it's very busy. Most if not all of the camp sites are OK with dogs although both beaches we've used are dog free. There's a really nice beach just after Talloires that you need to pay to access, that's the one we usually go to, i get some work done and stay in the van with the woofers whilst the swim team get wet.

If you like simple and cheap then there's a site in Doussard at the southern end of the lake, always spaces there and dogs are welcome.

Will probably be there next WE.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We are at Annecy now and the dogs are fine on the lake path than runs right next to the lake for much of it. The beaches tend to be separate and in some cases even private but the path just navigates around them

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We are at Annecy now and the dogs are fine on the lake path than runs right next to the lake for much of it. The beaches tend to be separate and in some cases even private but the path just navigates around them
Can I ask which site you are on and how is it please . We are thinking if the nearest one we can find as I cycle but not too long distances . Thank you everyone

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Just got back.

We stayed here

Small site that was €15 for a camper with 2 adults. Only 100m from the lake and a nice little site.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
And if you need an alternative way to get the dog around the lake then No3 daughter came up with a novel approach using a hired paddle board this afternoon.....

IMG_6950.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back