Does Cruise Control give better or worst MPG (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
I once fell asleep at 2am with my old Rover SDI on cruise control set at 70mph. Stopped when the car hit a bridge parapet. Even so still love it for long motorway journeys.

Apr 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Had a Fiat Doblo camper for a couple of years, now upgrading to something slightly bigger.
I use the cruise control whenever I can. I get about 33mpg when using the vehicle locally and just north of 36mpg on longer trips. My general conclusion is that using the CC gives me better fuel consumption than I'd expected. The van's a 2010 Ford Transit (2 litre diesel), Cavarno Horizons 4 conversion.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I use mine mainly to ensure I don't speed. if not using it although I can maintain a steady speed I don't really want to preferring flat out. Using the cruise ensures a sedate pace albeit extremely boring-Especially through France when you aren't even in top gear. How that is good for the climate is anybodies guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Use cc all the time. I dont find it makes much difference to fuel consumption, but it highlights how poor most drivers are at maintaining a constant speed, even on an open and clear road - infuriating!

Aarrgghh!!

thats one of the biggest frustrating things i experience especially when following someone on a journey such as the one at the weekend.

Sat behind them on a motorway/dual carriageway, cruise set to the agreed 100KPH speed and 1200 miles later i must have had to adjust the speed 20 thousand million billion times.

Never again will i travel with anyone unless i'm in front

rant over ;) :crying1:;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back