Do you twerk? (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Im going to fit air assist to the rear suspension of my motorhome. This is to aid stability and also to raise the rear for protection.

My dilemma is if to go for a basic setup, where you just set the airbags up once, or fit the system that allows me to raise and lower the rear as I wish.

So those that have the full systems fitted do you raise and lower your rear?

Do you twerk?

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I went for a midway solution - so I've a pressure gauge and single fill point in the drivers step for both bags, but no compressor permanently attached. The most basic setup is just 2 Schrader valves, one for each airbag, under the van and no gauge.

I carry a plug-in 12v compressor both for the air suspension and to pump up tyres, so I can easily adjust my suspension - but - you really don't need to bother, my experience is once you've found a pressure you're happy at (which didn't take long) I never change it. If I was fitting it again I'd go for the same setup.

The only time I've ever felt the need to adjust it was once on site when the slope was such that even with ramps on the front, lowering the back end of the van helped get it level.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have the same system as Feltwell and don't normally ever change the pressure. I have noticed though that travelling largely empty for its mot last week the suspension was a bit hard so perhaps some variation for loading may be good. I've never used it for levelling as I'm not a fussy leveller

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes I do. I fitted air assist in my pvc with a compressor under the drivers seat. Running solo I keep the pressure to around .75 Bar (about 10psi) which is all it needs. With the race car and trailer on i run at around 1.5 Bar but I also use it to adjust the angle of the trailer for loading and unloading. Parked on level ground raising the air to 6 Bar will lift the rear of the camper and therefore the nose of the trailer which tilts the trailer bed backwards by several degrees. I also use it to level the van on pitch, generally park with front slightly high then raise the pressure to bring the rear up to level, if not level side to side i can then let pressure out of the high side to correct it.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have AS AirSuspension fitted to our current moho and to our two previous moho's. Always have the on board compressor and gauges, adjustable from the driver's seat while on the move.
I like my gadgets anyway, but I like to raise the rear end when boarding ferries along with other steep ramps and wouldn't be without the system.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I used to twerk, but I've got such a cute little bum, the ladies couldn't keep their hands of me!

So it's a no from me:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back