Do I need to book ahead for an Italian site off-season? (1 Viewer)

GrahamCardiff

Free Member
Jul 24, 2019
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
PVC Sunlight Cliff
Exp
Since 2018
Hi Funsters,
we're off on our first European adventure shortly, wide eyed bushy tailed and a little bit green. We're going to Italy and tried to book a one-nighter mid September at a site on the German/Italian border but they won't accept reservations under 5 days online (http://www.lago3comuni.com/en/camping/) . Do we really need to book ahead, or is it likely that there'll be some available space available off-season?
Thanks
Graham

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Hi Funsters,
we're off on our first European adventure shortly, wide eyed bushy tailed and a little bit green. We're going to Italy and tried to book a one-nighter mid September at a site on the German/Italian border but they won't accept reservations under 5 days online (http://www.lago3comuni.com/en/camping/) . Do we really need to book ahead, or is it likely that there'll be some available space available off-season?
Thanks
Graham
I don’t think there will be an issue - are usual time in Italy is April/May and we only book 2 sites where there is a specific pitch we like as we would be staying for a week at each.

Loveshack

Free Member
Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
Hi; just guessing, but might your biggest issue be finding sites that are open late September?
What’s your route and timing there and back?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
For a one nighter, just use a Sosta, like an Aire but Italian and can be found via campercontact or searchforsites. You should have no problem finding suitable places and sites are unlikely to be full, except maybe tourist hotspots and even then I`d be suprised if you couldn`t find somewhere.
Booking ahead can make you a slave to an itinary, just go with the flow and take it day by day

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi; just guessing, but might your biggest issue be finding sites that are open late September?
What’s your route and timing there and back?
That's what I was thinking, Italy is like France used to be. Outside of July & August the place is dead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We're off to Italy for three weeks or so starting next week. We have a rough idea where we're going for the first week (we have a restaurant booking on the 12th) but haven't booked anywhere. We're assuming that Italy is like everywhere else in September.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back