Do I need a control planel? (1 Viewer)

vantastic

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Crafter xlwb
I'm trying to put together a cart for solar and I'm trying to understand if I really need a remote control panel or not.
I already have a pretty fancy Battry Monitoring Computermabob. If I got another information panel for the solar, is it going to tell me much more than the battery computer already does?
I'm not paticularly interested in looking at the numbers on the panel and I am unlikely to ever read the manual so can I skip installing a remote controller or is it something I will actually need? I don't mean to cmoe across as arrogant as I sound in the above sentence but I already have too much tech and as far as I can see there's a lot of overlap. Or am I missing something?

*I do understand I need an actual solar controller! I was hoping to hide it out of sight though.

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
I already had a Victron Battery Monitor on board and have just installed solar, but I have gone for the bluetooth enabled controler so it can be fitted out of sight but I can check the figures if I need to. I have found the two sets of information to be complementary.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you have a decent battery monitoring computer thingy and not interested in any more numbers I would say don't bother, all you need to know is that your batteries are OK.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V

vantastic

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Crafter xlwb
Ok, thanks all. You have kinda confirmed what I thought - and what I was hoping for!
Tucked away it will be. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back