Do I Have An Immobiliser and / or Alarm? (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 684
Exp
Since 2018
I have a Swift Escape Freestyle 684 (SE) 2017. I have just spotted in my insurance that I must have a professionally fitted alarm and / or immobiliser or I am not covered for theft. I have always assumed I did have these, fitted by Swift when new. How can I verify this? I assume I can ring Swift but was hoping to avoid that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Do you get any sound, blips etc or flashing indicators when you lock the van with your key fob?

In the lower middle of Ducato/Boxer/Citroen dashboards there is a ’padlock’ sign which flashes red when you lock the van, this indicates central locking and your van may have base vehicle alarm.

OP
OP
TheBows
Jul 8, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 684
Exp
Since 2018
Yes I have the red flashing padlock on the dashboard when locked. No there are no beeps or flashes when locking the vehicle with the key fob. Sounds like I have an immobiliser but no alarm. At least that will satisfy the insurers. I think I need to get an alarm fitted.

Thanks to all.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Yes I have the red flashing padlock on the dashboard when locked. No there are no beeps or flashes when locking the vehicle with the key fob. Sounds like I have an immobiliser but no alarm. At least that will satisfy the insurers. I think I need to get an alarm fitted.

Thanks to all.
Agreed, and don’t forget for the only Motorhome specific alarm system and get a Funster discount try Vanbitz. See reviews

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back