May 6, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone

Hope someone may be able to help with the issue we have with our satellite dish on our motorhome. We do not use this very often and when we tried the other day the dish would only go up a few inches before the panel inside the van showed an E2 error. On looking at the info this means that the motor is jammed. We checked but couldn't find a problem so my husband took the dish off the roof and we bought it home to clean and run some tests. The dish worked perfectly ok on his bench in the garage so we did wonder if it had something to do with the leisure batteries as one of them had to be replaced and maybe as the dish wasn't getting the full power this was the problem. Everything is back to square one but the dish still will not rise to the required height and the E2 error is still telling us that the motor is jammed. What else can be the problem?

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
My guess would be a lack of power from your leisure batteries, if you only replaced one of a pair, the other old one might be dragging the new one down. You should really replace leisure batteries as a pair for this reason.
The error code could be just that the motor has stalled due to a lack of power rather than jammed. Since it worked ok on a bench test using another battery, that's the most likely cause IMO.
You could try disconnecting your old leisure battery and making it safe, then charge the new one and try the dish again. At least this would eliminate it as a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Mine did the same turned out to be a broken wire. It told the controller that the dish was obstructed or jammed.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for the heads up Speve!
Hi Marilyn, To be honest there could be a number of different things that have caused this problem however I am intrigued that you say that the system worked fine off the roof.
E02 is a rotation motor blockage which is strange as the system will always operate the elevation motor first when you try to operate it. You may indeed get E02 if the system cannot rotate but if it's failing to elevate fully then the error should be E03 (elevation blockage).
My first thoughts are the arm bolts on the system are coming loose during elevation. What would happen here is that the dish would start opening but as the bolts wind round they will loosen so the dish doesn't actually erect. Then, when the unit tries to turn the arm will still be sitting in the gully which will then give you the E02 error.
With the system down and off (green dot in display) check the two 17mm bolts either side of the main arm. They should be tightened to 65nm if you have a torque wrench and if not then just fairly tight and then try it again.
If you still have the issue please come back to me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back