Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We really want to grow the number of companies offering meaningful or exclusive Funster discounts, and we need your help to make it happen!

When you purchase from a company, ask if they would be interested in providing a discount to Funsters. You can share that our site attracts 280,000 unique visitors every month, with each visitor spending nearly 7 minutes per visit. This level of engagement is unmatched by any other motorhome site. While only a few thousand subscribers will see the discount codes, their products will be showcased to hundreds of thousands of visitors.

We're not really interested in those companies who act like Sofa Sales Companies, all year offering 10% discounts everywhere, on their home page, on every Facebook group etc. If we give those people a platform here, for their phoney 10%, all we are doing is giving them free advertising!

Rather, we're seeking quality discounts or, even better, exclusive offers that enhance the value of being a Funster. Companies like Vanbitz, Off Grid Solutions, and Adams Morey provide exclusive discounts and are rewarded with our loyalty. You can promise that If you secure a meaningful or exclusive discount from a company, we will ensure they receive a good return through dedicated promotion of their products.

I've started today with a revamped discounts page. When you're out and about, please think about asking for Funster discounts, tell them how many potential customers we have here.

Let's make being a Funster even more rewarding.

Cheers (y)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Van weight engineering ?

The cheaper alternative to svtech ?

I shouldn't be using them again but they fit all your points (imv)

Jim

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I bought some walking shoes in Cotswold Outdoor yesterday. They gave me 15% discount, but I had to show my mhf account and evidence current membership.
How did you do that, I havnt got any account or membership thing to show them?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I bought some walking shoes in Cotswold Outdoor yesterday. They gave me 15% discount, but I had to show my mhf account and evidence current membership.

I wrote to them ages ago about a discount and never heard back. I'll write again tomorrow. I will send them this snapshot.

I've just done this for a potential advertiser. They are very impressive stats. Mr Google is being really nice to us. I've been working long hours on search engine optimisation and it is paying off. Look how many people are coming here via a search term, over 250,000 a month! A few months ago, it was half that! It also means that around 50,000 a month are coming direct, in other words, they are clicking on a link or have us bookmarked (y)

1716714834482.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It took my fingers a lot of walking to finally find out there are only two companies in England that are properly geared up to fit tow bars to motorhomes.

(Also, whilst there in the waiting room, happy to turn away a customer who had been 'promised' a tow bar by the Dealer as it was a 'standard fit'.
The tow bar company told them a tow bar would be illegal on that vehicle and knacker both gearbox and engine within 1,000 miles)

I think an email to each of the companies would be worth the time to see if they would offer a discount.

The two companies are:
LNB Towbars of Bristol
Armitages of Yorkshire

LNB also offer 2 (free) bookable camping pitches with EHU and water outside the workshop, so 8am starts are possible.
Given the distance people have to travel, this is an important feature.
(I presume Armitages can offer something similar)

Both companies also offer suspension, levelling, A frames etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jim
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I just told them I forgot my card and they still gave me the discount….

But I haven’t got a card…😆😉

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Photonic Universe
You may remember Jim about 5/6 years ago I purchased over £500 worth of Solar Panels and Victron gear, I asked if there were any Funster discounts available, their response was not at the moment, but if your MD gives us a call we can have a chat and set something up. 10% was indicated at the time.
I sent you a PM at the time, even chased you up, but I guess you were busy, on your hols, or distracted with Katie and hospital visits etc, so I didnt push it.
I did know the name of the director to speak to at the time, but thats well forgotten by now.
I have placed a link below, Give them a Call Jim, their panels have been top quality, as has their service help & delivery.
All The Best.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I wrote to them ages ago about a discount and never heard back. I'll write again tomorrow. I will send them this snapshot.

I've just done this for a potential advertiser. They are very impressive stats. Mr Google is being really nice to us. I've been working long hours on search engine optimisation and it is paying off. Look how many people are coming here via a search term, over 250,000 a month! A few months ago, it was half that! It also means that around 50,000 a month are coming direct, in other words, they are clicking on a link or have us bookmarked (y)

View attachment 901436

Strangely I find I get better results searching on Google for MHF content than I do using the top right search bar on MHF itself… not sure why? 🤷‍♂️

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Jim I just bought some stuff from sunshine solar to fit my inverter I moved from my old van. Got good service at reasonable cost (even added an extra bit in i forgot for free) and prompt delivery so may be worth approaching as what they do is right up funsters street. Pm me if you want the person I spoke to.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
What about SAP at Doncaster? They do tow bars, levelling, air suspension, shocks etc.

• Nice One!
Reactions: DJT

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back