Digital ABBA !...what do you think? (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Because of life style /work/family and of course finances I seem to have allays missed out on the now either departed or no longer capable Legends of my youth.

ABBA have just announced a new album and what is billed as a "Digital Tour" which in essence means they will not be performing live.
The technology is definitely there now to deliver a lifelike/realistic experience and from the current information it has been in the planning for a few years.

I have absolutely no doubt that the tkt price will not reflect the fact that they are not live I have non the less pre registered for tkts:eek:

I actually could see myself enjoying the experience of being transported back in time for a brief period and also history will undoubtable be written so I don't rule out what is bound to be exorbitant tkt prices.

What do you think?

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Best stop now, don’t you think…….. o_O

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Best stop now, don’t you think…….. o_O
Well Done Ok GIF by America's Got Talent

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
From what I have read the musical press is being a bit catty infering the guys have worn better than the girls and perhaps the reason for the digitally airbrushed and enhanced image of ABBA being presented. Entertainment takes many forms these days and you make your choice as to what you accept. The sound will be of more interest to me rather than the images. It would be however sad for me if live shows go this way.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Because of life style /work/family and of course finances I seem to have allays missed out on the now either departed or no longer capable Legends of my youth.

ABBA have just announced a new album and what is billed as a "Digital Tour" which in essence means they will not be performing live.
The technology is definitely there now to deliver a lifelike/realistic experience and from the current information it has been in the planning for a few years.

I have absolutely no doubt that the tkt price will not reflect the fact that they are not live I have non the less pre registered for tkts:eek:

I actually could see myself enjoying the experience of being transported back in time for a brief period and also history will undoubtable be written so I don't rule out what is bound to be exorbitant tkt prices.

What do you think?
it‘s all about……..money, money money……😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
And, no doubt, the winner takes it all……

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
From what I have read in the musical press the guys have worn better than the girls the reason for thedigitally airbrushed and enhanced image of ABBA . Entertainment takes many forms these days and you make your choice as to what you accept. The sound will be of more interest to me rather than the images.
Unfortunately at my time of life having worked in textiles and being a part time DJ my hearing appreciation is less than optimal. I am sure though that with this amount of profit to be made the sound will be superb.(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I suppose it'll be a bit like the National Theatre productions being screened "live" in cinemas.

Not like a real live performance but better than nothing... and probably better than a tribute act.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Can‘t workout why you’d bother. Isn’t it just like going into a big room with others and listening to an album.

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
I suppose it'll be a bit like the National Theatre productions being screened "live" in cinemas.

Not like a real live performance but better than nothing... and probably better than a tribute act.
If it is just that it would be fine but from what I have read and seen it's going to be a screening of old images digitaly mastered creating a psuedo reality image with new music overlayed.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp

Not so sure about that, this arena is specific to Abba and despite being advertised as a "Tour" it is anything but. I suspect it will be like a very large simulator but all the details I'm sure will be revealed in the next week or two.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Inevitably though it by necessity it will be pre-recorded, thus missing the vital ingredient of being live.
Apparently there will be a live orchestra but whatever this is all totally new ground being broken perhaps even more so than Michel Jackson and Thriller

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back