LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Aye, they are. Not far of the price of the German ones.

What price do you put on a quiet night of sleep tostie and warm?
Well I cannot hear ours at all.. As mentioned in my original post, the donk of the pump ( outside in a locker ) was too loud for me and I isolated it.. The fact I could hear a small pump going donk once every few seconds is a very good indicator of how quiet our Chinese one is :)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Having been on a pitch next to a van with a diesel heater running all night it’s not the pump that’s noisy. The exhaust must have been on our side and after midnight it’s damed annoying to still hear it.
It was cold out so I didn’t fancy going to speak to the owner. Next morning we were awoken to raised voices. The van drove off before breakfast.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Having been on a pitch next to a van with a diesel heater running all night it’s not the pump that’s noisy. The exhaust must have been on our side and after midnight it’s damed annoying to still hear it.
It was cold out so I didn’t fancy going to speak to the owner. Next morning we were awoken to raised voices. The van drove off before breakfast.
Some don't have silencers fitted to the exhaust or inlet and these can be noisy. It doesn't help that these are offered, if they are, as an extra. They are essential for the typical MH. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2019
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria S 690 SP.
Exp
2018 August
Fitted one a few weeks ago in the garage of my Adria Coral S 690 SP. It took me 2 hours 20min to install. Works well and very pleased with its performance.

Attachments

• Heater.PNG
    Heater.PNG
    978 KB · Views: 91
Apr 21, 2019
Willenhall
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30 years on and off
I just fitted an eberspacher d4 in our van, superb bit off kit.
Very very cheap to run compared to the van trauma in there.
After reading lots of horror stories of chinese ones i got a used one from ebay.
I did sell them as a bit of a hobby years ago so wiring and instillation was easy

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Maybe a bit of a tangent but I've been researching diesel heaters to install in our van for the last few months.

Last weekend we popped down to planar heaters, they are only about an hour away from us. I've been searching for a quiet diesel heater as most seem to make a fair racket. They sell "Autoterm" a Russian made diesel heater and I wanted to see (well hear) how it sounded.

Planar heaters have a youtube video to show how quiet they are - but on a video it's very hard to judge the real noise level.

They have a demo rig setup and it was really quiet - quieter than the fan I have next to my bed at home - and I think that's quiet.

They are Russian made, not Chinese, so I'm not particularly worried about reliability.

Obviously do you own research - we don't currently own one. Once the van is further along I'll be installing the 4Kw version.

Our van is off to Adam @ MPI for the splay insulation this Sunday - exciting times!

PS. If you visit Planar heaters a few points:
  • The site is nothing illustrious - I like that to be honest, nothing fancy.
  • The warehouse man is James and he's very nice.
  • The farm shop on the same site makes amazing sausages with black pudding 😋

Nice one, what can are you converting?
How much is the spray foam insulation?

reallymental@g

Free Member
Jun 21, 2020
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
It's a Citroen Relay L4 (extra-long wheelbase), we just had it sprayed this morning. The insulation also helps reduces any noise. We paid £375 for the extra thick 50mm. We didn't have the floor sprayed as we'd done the insulation ourselves. If you wish to have the floor done as well with 25-30mm it costs £350. If you want 75mm thickness (which I would recommend) its an additional cost of £75. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It's a Citroen Relay L4 (extra-long wheelbase), we just had it sprayed this morning. The insulation also helps reduces any noise. We paid £375 for the extra thick 50mm. We didn't have the floor sprayed as we'd done the insulation ourselves. If you wish to have the floor done as well with 25-30mm it costs £350. If you want 75mm thickness (which I would recommend) its an additional cost of £75. Hope this helps.

Thanks, have the contact details of the guy please.

reallymental@g

Free Member
Jun 21, 2020
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
The gentlemans name is Adam Darby. I've obscured the email address below to avoid some spam for him 😜

Join all of the lines below together without spaces:

adam
darby
mpi
@
gmail.com

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Even Webasto and Eberspacher are unreliable.

Hate to think what cheap imports are like?
better.
Well I cannot hear ours at all.. As mentioned in my original post, the donk of the pump ( outside in a locker ) was too loud for me and I isolated it.. The fact I could hear a small pump going donk once every few seconds is a very good indicator of how quiet our Chinese one is :)
same with the one I fitted . Have to put hand under the side to check it is On.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thinking of getting a diesel heater for my workshop. I've been binge watching install videos and I think John Mck on YouTube summed it up perfectly when he explained that when there was only Webasto and Eberspacher, people generally had a professional do the install too, so not too many problems, other than to your wallet. Now they are affordable to the great unwashed masses, anybody can have a go at installing one. I've seen a few where the filters are on backwards and some where they've fitted the filter between the pump and the heater and not between the tank and the pump and one where the pump was put on back to front. Maybe the Chinglish instructions don't help, but half an hour on YouTube should point you in the right direction ?

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
The benefits of having a truck chassis ....... 24 volts. An eberspacher from a Truck grave yard... No charge.
an overhaul £150 fitted between the floors, Timer and thermostats from truck, perfect for those nippy mornings. Tip the nosiest thing is the pump, make sure this is isolated/insulated, A perfect addition to full water heating.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Any links to purchase please ?
I bought mine early last year & the ebay seller " bluelittleelephants" doesn't appear to sell them anymore.

mine was the same as this
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=283770069910

advertised as 2kw but is actually 3. On mine I only have the on/off rotary control shown at the top & not the digital with remote. Then again I only paid £71,99:giggler:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Mine is on the way 👍
However it's just for my man shed not the motorhome.
View attachment 431217

Similar to the one we have for emergency heating in the house :) and which will be used for the workshop once it is in place.

Our friend has one in his static caravan and thinks it is the dogs danglies. The built in heating in the static was pathetic. When the static caravan goes and he moves into the house he is building the heater will go into the garage / man shed.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back