Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
This goes back to a trip I did last October - takes me a while to get round to anything!
We were travelling through spain, and I was mostly able to use my Halifax credit card to pay for goods and services. But still had a need for cash on occasions. Went to withdraw cash from an ATM, and was asked for...9 Euros! I eventually managed to find one that was only wanting 0.6 Euros, but still slightly aggrieved at having to pay to take my own money out. And these were banks' own ATMs, not random ones. In the UK I don't think I've ever been charged at a bank ATM
Posting this here in case anyone has a preferred bank whose ATMs either don't charge, or just ask a nominal fee...

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
As Spanish residents we use Revolut exclusively. Every ATM charges us a fee, but I withdraw €3-500 at a time - and that's no more than 3 times a year, coz plastic, mostly, rules.
"still slightly aggrieved at having to pay to take my own money out" Why? You are paying for a service that enables you, a non-customer of the bank, to get cash when you need it 24x7x365

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
There are still one or two banks in Spain that don't charge. Last time we went we used Deutche Bank

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back