Departure options from Plymouth or Portsmouth for Spain (2 Viewers)

Lmc

Jun 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lmc
I'm heading for Spain mid march and was wondering which is easiest to depart from Plymouth or Portsmouth Is there an easy access to either port and better parking dock side if I'm early I will be coming down from Scotland regards and thanks
Sandy

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Whichever route you choose, book it soon. When I was checking a few days ago for a crossing to Spain in mid-March there was very limited cabin availability. Also, the current free upgrade offer for bookings ends 29th Feb. This may be worth having in case of delays driving from Scotland.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Shorter crossing from Plymouth by around 10 hours but don’t start again until 20 March

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I am only biased because I live near Plymouth but I imagine the ships from each port must have a bearing on things. Pont Aven is fine out of Plymouth. Also the route from Scotland is pretty straightforward coming down the M6, M5, then A38 dual carriageway from Exeter to Plymouth. The route through the city is well signed but locals would take a shorter more direct route through the busier parts of the city which are frankly not an issue.

I have not travelled from Portsmouth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Lmc

Jun 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Lmc
Thanks to all sorted now going from Portsmouth to biboa mid march
Regards sandy