Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are off on our annual road trip and this year we have a dilemma as someone has given us a last minute thought, do we:

Ardeche, France and surrounding areas which is our normal holiday
Go through Germany, not been before, are they dog friendly etc as we have our dog with us.
Mix and match do a bit of both

Be interested in your experiences, I will put the same post on the Germany posts

Thanks in advance.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
You have a home on wheels.... go where ever you fancy, and you know what they say about a change....?

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I never fancied Germany. But our last two trips have been a real and lovely surprise! Wonderful country for motohoming with our dog. Beautiful and friendly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our natural inclination is France; we love the country, speak the language and feel totally at ease there. Our circumstances this year mean Germany is a more sensible option and it has taken me a bit of time getting used to the idea. But I am quite excited about it now, and hope to see a little bit of the Czech Republic too. Whatever you do, enjoy.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Always found Germany really nice, more folk speak English than in France and are (usually) very friendly. Stellplatz are generally more "efficient" than France but most do tend to charge whereas there are loads of freebies in France. No toll roads but the autobahns can sometimes be a bit fraught - Germans are generally a regulated race and expect you to follow the rules, their rules! Got some great scenery too; can recommend The Romantic Road, the Castle Route and also the Black Forest Route, which we combined into almost a full circular tour.

Germany is different to France but we like it just as much.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back