Deadlocks - what to do at night? (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
20190119_151138.jpg
Lock mine usually, mainly for when out but they stay locked at night. A great visual deterrent, nobody in their right mind is going to try hacking the door to pieces to get in on a campsite šŸ˜Ž

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I have deadlocks on both doors, ā€œAā€ class and a growler alarm and non starter, which we always set whether in the van or not. And park in all the wrong places including French motorway services for the night. We have never yet lost one Rolex or been gassed. But the other night we parked up in Spain, went to a restaurant for the evening then slept in the van in their car park then found in the morning that I had left the cab door unlocked from when we filled with diesel! Silly mistake but it is so easy to do. But if they had tried it the alarms would have scared us both to death so the burglars could have taken what they wanted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Has anyone been burgled/abducted/molested while they were in their vans?
Yes, unfortunately we were burgled whilst asleep with just the PVC set with the door locks and not the alarm. Screwdriver up the driver side door handle. Didnā€™t hear a thing. The wall of seat cushions stacked in the cab across the squabs (removed from around the U lounge whilst using as beds) prevented anyone coming in but they did reach my handbag from behind the driverā€™s seat.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Probably shouldn't say on here but we never lock the doors at night when we are in, there is nothing to steal and it saves getting the doors damaged if anyone wants to try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
When we stay on sites our security is pretty lax to be honest, canā€™t see the point in getting to het up when the windows are all open

When we travel, we use motorway services, which is what they are there for, then we are doors locked, bikes locked on and alarm security loop around both bikes and through the wheels etc

The additional extra bright LEDā€™s came about when some one tried to nick our bikes and legged it when the accessory protection loop (bike loop) triggered the alarm, ergo didnā€™t want to risk confrontation, so needed to ensure there was no ambiguity ā€œthis motorhome is alarmedā€ break into another one.

As weā€™re travelling when we overnight in motorway way services and Aires, we tend to be in drive mode, cab seats ready to go, Rolexes in the safe with the Ā£2000 in a bag šŸ˜‰ on our camper Winnebago fit a dead lock as standard on the caravan door, the windows are all double glazed glass, so quite robust and the Mercedes cab doors I feel are robust enough to deal with the sort or scrote that will be creeping around late at night, an opportunistic low life really, randomly trying his luck

Obviously our Growler is armed in the sleep mode, so with its multi siren response if the camper is attacked we sleep quite soundly šŸ‘šŸ»

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back