Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Any advice from anyone appreciated for fitting a dash cam.to a Adria Twin bearing in mind the screen blind.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Any advice from anyone appreciated for fitting a dash cam.to a Adria Twin bearing in mind the screen blind.

I fitted a garmin as it uses a magnetic disc to attach to the screen and ran the cable around the lining and down the side pillar.

So when I want to use the blinds all that is left is a short bit of cable which hangs on the inside of the blinds and a metal disc (about the size of a 10p) stuck to the windscreen. No more faffing with suction mounts.

Nextbase also do a magnetic base that incorporates the charging cable so it’s even quicker to attach/detach. But I couldn’t find the dimensions of the magnetic unit so wasn’t sure if it would fowl the blind or not.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Mounted ours on a sticky backed mount, took out the top glove box to feed the the power through and then hardwired it in via the fuse box.
The dashcam stays in situ when the blinds are closed.

1573395123301.png

1573395137801.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ours fits through the spring loaded section for the mirror mount (it fell off!).
1594544966486.png

OP
OP
D

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Tell me more what's the unit and how is it fitted.Also thanks for the pics.of the mounted cam.reassured to see lack of dangling wires.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Tell me more what's the unit and how is it fitted.Also thanks for the pics.of the mounted cam.reassured to see lack of dangling wires.
If that question is for me?
It's a Nextbase 312GW (think now superceded by the 322GW?).
It's hardwired along the top of the screen, down the offside "A" pillar and into the fusebox at the drivers right knee (assuming rhd Ducato).
The only cabling you see is around 2" that plugs into the side of the Nextbase mount. This is cable tied to the mount to hold it in place.
Piggybacked the fuse shown in the photo and used the bolt head outlined for the negative.
1594549208705.png

Let me know if you need further info.
btw you do need to realign the dashcam when closing the blinds and, of course, the mirror has to be missing!:whistle2:

If your question was for Paul Two on Tour just ignore all the drivel I've just posted!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back