Dash cam, the one you can switch van to car easily? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
After a near miss, I thought it would be a good time to get a dash cam.

A while ago, on a dash cam thread, someone posted a cam that can easily clip from car to van by buying a second power line.

Anyone remember which one?

I'm not starting a 'which dash cam thread, its been covered in detail before, I'm just interested looking at the specs for the dual car one.

Thanks
Cliff

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nextbase they come with 2 mounts a stick on one & a suction one, very easy to take the camera off & on as its a magnetic fixing to the mount.

helvic

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
sutton on sea
Funster No
MH
Hymer mtl580
Exp
since 1986
i have a next base hard wired in the van and the same set up in my wife car just put the dashcam into whichever vehicle you are using all done by halfords

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had lots of problems with a top of the range NextBase overheating and cutting out.
When the second one did the same I changed back to a BlackVue which has been fine. My old BlackVue has been reliable for several years.
Chap in Halfords said that they had lots of problems and wouldn’t be stocking NextBase for much longer.
Halfords service was first class btw.
You can buy an extra windscreen mount for the car and the camera just clicks into place. If you want to hard wire it you will also require an extra lead of course.

Richard.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ive got a Nextbase dash cam, I installed a hard wire kit to both motorhome and car so I can just swap the suction mount from one to the other.

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
My son, a technohead, looked into this and got me a VIOFO [forward-facing, with GPS] and a spare GPS unit.
This sticks (very securely) to the windscreen (or a metal bracket suspended from my drop down bed in MH) .:D

The camera is then just unclipped from the GPS unit in one vehicle and reclipped into the other.
Power is supplied by "cigarette lighter" plugs with long leads, which CAN be left connected to the GPS unit but I find fixing via the camera is more effective.

The lens is adjustable vertically and horizontally, so it only takes a few seconds to ensure a perfect view as I move it around [the real trick would be to bend the metal plate so that it is exactly the same orientation as the car windscreen].(y)

I don't know where he got things but here is a link to something similar
Amazon product ASIN B07BBX5JR2
I must say it has been almost entirely fault-free, but it sometimes asks for the SD card to be reformatted JUST as I'm setting out on a trip! :whistle:

Gordon

PS the advert says a lithium battery is required but AFAIK mine doesn't have one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back