LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
On the 10th December 2023 I paid £5 for two pre paid crossing's for our annual trip south and return.
Our first crossing south 6th January our return 23rd March, now I have received a pcn for £3 for the March return crossing.
Which was already paid for, (I have paid that as they are ruthless in collecting money)
They have sent me an email stating I crossed on the 23rd December “I never did”
I have now spent over an hour on the phone and some 20 emails, they have refunded me £2 and a seperate 50 p but they still owe me 50pence.
So one department says I did cross on the 23/12/23 and the other says there is no record of a crossing on that date for my vehicle.
Are these people a bunch of clowns ? Not one of the operators I spoke to on the phone had a good understanding of the English language and the emails I have received in reply must have been sent by their children🤬
At the end of the day they owe me 50 pence and I want it, if I owed them 50 pence they would hound me and have me in court🤬 B*********S

Mr Bates 🙂

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Send them an invoice for 50p plus costs.

If they do not pay, then use the same methods as they use to extract money.
I believe the first move is to increase the cost to £36.
If you don't pay within 2 weeks then it goes to £70

It's not the amount, it's the principal.

Also see the 'rules' about fines, ONLY use written letters to deal with them

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Twelve months and still learning.
Look at it this way. You have crossed twice. Each time you have worn away some of that precious tarmac that your tolls pay for. You have recovered most of your cash so why not donate the 50p for the good of all those crossing after you?

You will feel really good about yourself and I will promise to be grateful to you on my next crossing when the toll has stayed at the same level owing to your generosity.

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Send them an invoice for 50p plus costs.

If they do not pay, then use the same methods as they use to extract money.
I believe the first move is to increase the cost to £36.
If you don't pay within 2 weeks then it goes to £70

It's not the amount, it's the principal.

Also see the 'rules' about fines, ONLY use written letters to deal with them
Never mind the principle I want my 50 pence I am a motorhomer after all 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
They really are a shower ! They took the wrong amount off my card , then refunded the wrong amount THEN sent me a penalty charge notice even though I was in credit . Took weeks and hours of calls to sort it 😡

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
They really are a shower ! They took the wrong amount off my card , then refunded the wrong amount THEN sent me a penalty charge notice even though I was in credit . Took weeks and hours of calls to sort it 😡
I will grind the bastards down, if I can’t I know a woman that can🤣 it must be costing them a fortune I think the main problem is none of the staff understand plain English🤬

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Think yourself lucky you didn't get caught out with the new digital change over the weekend in August last year that caused absolute mayhem.
3 days on the phone while I was on holiday to try and pay the charge when I was already setup with auto payment.

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Think yourself lucky you didn't get caught out with the new digital change over the weekend in August last year that caused absolute mayhem.
3 days on the phone while I was on holiday to try and pay the charge when I was already setup with auto payment.
This company is run by idiots what a complete shower🤬

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Are these people a bunch of clowns ? Not one of the operators I spoke to on the phone had a good understanding of the English language and the emails I have received in reply must have been sent by their children🤬
I had a gut full of call centres manned by ‘workers ‘ who are not capable of understanding English the latest one i have dealt with is some persons in india /Philippines/and south africa .

OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I had a gut full of call centres manned by ‘workers ‘ who are not capable of understanding English the latest one i have dealt with is some persons in india /Philippines/and south africa .
Why can’t companies see a basic understanding of English is needed Oh Please!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
It’s not about the 50p 🤣 it costs me nothing but it will cost them lots of time = money
That is the entire point.

Start with an invoice for 50p.
Plus costs (Your time, calls and stamps)
If they pay it, the cost to them to actually deal with the issue will be several pounds.

Ensure you use their own wording re late payments.
As your next invoice will go up by the same about as they do, £36 after two weeks I think.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Remember to address the MD personally.

I see here that Fabian has given his home address in Bromley.
However it's an end of terrace ex council house, so I think it will be a relative.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back