Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
7096 + ... same prob as cutlery draw is above oven . & there is no external venting from the oven ...
I used a fireblanket ... cut to size so double layer .... placed that in the draw & then cutlery tray on top ... Not perfect but far better .
When I replaced the worktop ..sink/ hob etc I didn't fit the oven back. ....Lots of more storage but I miss my pizzas ... !!!
I also considered moving the oven to just below work top & fit the cutlery drawer & bigger deeper drawer all underneath. .
Didn't do it but an option ... or change oven for a vented one which would vent through the roof ....

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We have a Rapido 891 df with same oven heat issues effecting the cutlery draw.

Another problem we have is with the igniter in the lower oven being out of adjustment,
Having tried many position adjustments, still can't get it to spark, the unit works if shorted out with screwdriver blade.

Looking for info on the actual correct gap dimension between the probe and the jets.

Regards

Drive
Test it in the dark - the spark might be occurring somewhere along the lead to the electrode (especially if it is, or has ever been, trapped). The spark can jump a good distance (5 - 10mm) so adjustment may not be the cause.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Hope he sorted it When had the problem 3 year ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
We have a Rapido 7065FF (2014) which we love, except for the oven.

My wife enjoys cooking so an oven was an essential fitting. However, when it is being used the metal part of the oven/grill control becomes red hot. The handle on the cutlery drawer above the oven also gets red hot. Neither can be touched without an oven glove and my wife has burnt her hand twice.

A young child would be at serious risk of facial burns if they came into contact with these metal parts.

We have now stopped using the oven (we have a Remuska) and we are going to ask Rapido to replace it or fix it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
We have had our drawer handle replaced with knobs and has solved the problem
Love the van havnt seen anything else that comes close

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
7096+.... Yep my cutlery draw was hot & utensils barely handled if oven on for a while .
Initially I placed a cut fire blanket on the base of the drawer which helped ...
However when I modernised the whole unit ....worktop... sink .. I took the oven out ... Ah ha .... There's no venting for the heat from the oven to escape & no barrier from the oven to protect the drawer etc from the heat .
I didn't replace the oven anyways... If I had done I would have fitted an alloy sheet with a heat resistant covering to or event excessive heat to the draw....
I did consider a small extractor fan , then piped via wardrobe through the roof but ... a job in itself ... or replace the oven but with the aforesaid . Good microwave has done the job .
As per winteris ed. .... Having placed inspection hatches on double floor areas, all water pipe work are really well placed & all in board & heating vents ( even though I have rerouted some ) are all good ... I FT .... so van has been really good ...
As for the cab area . Most vans I find suffer from being a tad cooler cos of doors etc .. I just rolled up a couple of towels and placed them in the foot wells .... Sorted .... Oh ... Also the hab door step well . Easy .. A well contructed van underneath re hab ... I know as I've basically looked at all the electrics .. water feed pipes etc etc ... MINUS 8 was prob mist severe & all ok ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
New .

Attachments