D-iD - Smartrack tracker Bluetooth issues (1 Viewer)

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Hi I have a D-iD - Smartrack vehicle tracker fitted to my van and I cannot get the D -iD app to detect any Bluetooth tracker device so I am unable to pair the tracker to my phone. I am still waiting for the dealer to come up with a solution but I was wondering if anyone here has this system and have had similar problems.

From what I was told as long as the phone app is paired to the tracker then when driving the van you will not get called. Due to our tracker not connecting to the phone we get a call every time we switch on the engine.

we have the Smart track tracker 5 DID fitted

Sep 11, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have a 2014 fiat with no bluetooth on the van, I also have gadget that goes in my cig lighter and tunes to the radio so I can use my phone through the radio on a pre channel . I am not 100% sure but I have a feeling that my D-id app on my phone tracks thro this gadget and works the D id. Put it this way when I do the scan on D id it picks up the gadget as it goes through the connect process in the beginning. At the start I also had same problem when I tried to connect I got nothing because I disconnected the gadget so it didn't interfere with bluetooth connecting to tracker but once I put the gadget back in line it worked .this is the one I use

Amazon product ASIN B07TFDPCT5

Last edited:
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I know little about the D-iD tracker but as a security device the bluetooth pairing would have to be controlled. If the bluetooth could be seen by any phone then when Messrs Scrote and Sons came along to borrow your motorhome at 3 in the morning they could simply pair their phones to the device to render it useless. My guess is that the monitoring centre would have to be involved in turning the device pairing on so that you could see the bluetooth. Perhaps it should have been done at the time of installation. To get the Thatcham rating I think it would need to be a secure pairing system of some sort. Do you have a manual?

Some devices, such as the Truma iNet Box, have a pairing button on the device so that they can become visible temporarily for pairing. I doubt that this would be sufficiently secure for a Thatcham approved device.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Motorhomer14

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
I have a 2014 fiat with no bluetooth on the van, I also have gadget that goes in my cig lighter and tunes to the radio so I can use my phone through the radio on a pre channel . I am not 100% sure but I have a feeling that my D-id app on my phone tracks thro this gadget and works the D id. Put it this way when I do the scan on D id it picks up the gadget as it goes through the connect process in the beginning. At the start I also had same problem when I tried to connect I got nothing because I disconnected the gadget so it didn't interfere with bluetooth connecting to tracker but once I put the gadget back in line it worked .this is the one I use

Amazon product ASIN B07TFDPCT5
Thanks that's good to know. So with it connected by Bluetooth can you drive the van with the phone in the van and have no calls. We keep getting told by them we need to put the app into manual mode the auto when we are not in the van. This would not be good way of using this system

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I get an email when ignition on.
I did try the app etc but gave up.
Email suits us.

OP
OP
Motorhomer14

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
I get an email when ignition on.
I did try the app etc but gave up.
Email suits us.
Yes we can do it this way if in manual mode but this is not what I paid hundred for and not what they advertise. I could get a cheaper tracker to do this

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
We have this system. Its in Manuel mode. Start ignition wait for app telling you to authorise and thats it. Have you got both apps GTEtrack and D-iD. Make sure you have log in details and can log into both first

OP
OP
Motorhomer14

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Remember when you start the van you at least need the app running in the background
Does that mean you need to click on the app. I thought all apps can be left running in background like Gmail and will pick up Bluetooth when in the van

OP
OP
Motorhomer14

Motorhomer14

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria twin supreme
Exp
Yes you get a notification through and click on that
Strange not what was advertised. I even asked them and they said all you need to do is have the phone on you. No need to do anything else. I will be calling them tomorrow again to talk to the main technical person. In end it should connect by Bluetooth which ours is not

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
Yes in auto mode when we got the system we kept forgetting ie re start after filling up. After a few phone calls they said most people use manual mode. We switched and not had problem since

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
Password and log on deatils for an app linked to the MH that they dont know is fitted

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back