Cyclotricity Electric Conversion Kit. (1 Viewer)

Allan Drummond

Free Member
Dec 15, 2017
Funster No
Hi all,

My dad who is 72 bought himself and his wife an electric conversion kit each a couple of years back and he says it is the best thing he has ever done. He stops and tells anyone who will listen that buying the bike has changed his life. He already had a bike but found it such a struggle to do anything other than ride around the streets so he didn’t really bother. He heard about electric bikes and went on a mission to find the best. He settled on Cyclotricity. Soon after his fitness improved and now he goes out for miles and now uses a lower pedal assist level but loves having the freedom to take on long distances.

After that, my brother got an electric kit and I found myself curious so went over and had a try of my dad's bike. How thrilling to go off over the hills, so that was me hooked too - last week I ordered my kit! At this point we then realised the possibilities of getting a kit for our son who has disabilities. He has a mental illness and is unable to use any public transport. I take him everywhere, he needs to in my car but often he will just sit at home. We spoke to our son's medical team and they think that an electric bike would give our son the freedom to go out to places like the library or even visit a friend. They thoroughly recommend the idea and believe it could be something that gives life back to people who have fallen into the trap of staying in, doing no fitness and feeling tired.

So now we have ordered another kit for our son! I look forward to getting him (and me!) feeling a bit more energetic. There are some fab cycle tracks near us and we are already planning our routes, taking in the tea shop of course!

The electric kits were easy to install, the company were champion in terms of service and delivery. This is my first post, I hope that you found this post of some interest. Attached is a picture of my dad's bike converted. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 149
OP
OP
A

Allan Drummond

Free Member
Dec 15, 2017
Funster No
Yes this is a kit to convert an ordinary bike into an e-bike. Price could vary depending on the battery's range. I paid around £350 for a full kit include dashboard computer, pedal assist and battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Allan Drummond

Free Member
Dec 15, 2017
Funster No
Reading this back I do see your point. A number of my friends are members on this forum site and suggested that I should sign up and share. It's just that pretty much our whole family have invested in this product so we may be slightly bias towards the product/company. Sorry it's not in the format that you may expect.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
dont get me wrong, it looks a good product and i was looking for such a kit a while back. its just we see a lot of similar posts with no introduction post and they are usually dodgy adverts

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I bought two similar kits - with pannier rack and battery - all from Germany - via Leon Cycle and ebay - one bike took just 3 hours to fit - great range too ,:xdoh:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
sorry if i am being cynical, but is it only me that reads the first post of a new member as an advert?
My thoughts precisely - until I noticed no make of kit is mentioned.

The price looks good with a battery included?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a look at the company's offerings and can't see how it can only cost £350 as a battery alone is £250 ... unless I'm missing something!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seeing he has disappeared, and not paid his dues looks like an advert to me:xangry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back