Cupboard door handles (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bursner Nexxo 660
Hello Funsters

Hope this is the right section. I’ve got two cupboard door handles which have failed in the same place. I wonder if I can source the plastic bit without having to buy the whole thing?
The bit wot’s broke is the flexible plastic that sits inside the handle so when you squeeze it the catch releases. Clever but not strong enough clearly.
Any ideas most welcome.
Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I'm guessing the top end of the photo is the bit that releases the catch and the bottom end is where it pivots, "me being me" I would be trying to repair it as the plastic looks like it has a rectangular area that would accept a small metal plate and a screw.

"me being me" roughly translates as short arms and deep pockets ;)

And to answer your question I think you would have to buy the full handle.

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
I'm guessing the top end of the photo is the bit that releases the catch and the bottom end is where it pivots, "me being me" I would be trying to repair it as the plastic looks like it has a rectangular area that would accept a small metal plate and a screw.

"me being me" roughly translates as short arms and deep pockets ;)

And to answer your question I think you would have to buy the full handle.
Also being “careful with money “, I managed to repair the handle at the rectangular area using Araldite and a small piece of plastic set into the recess. Still good two years later.
I dread to think how much a new handle would have cost.

OP
OP
Baxters@large
Jun 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bursner Nexxo 660
Thanks both. Repair an option I guess although very small bonding area so would need some reinforcement as you suggest. As they’ve both broken in exactly the same place I guess they’re a lot of tension there at the fixed point when you squeeze the bar to open the catch. It’s really bad design.

image.jpg

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
Bürstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
Thanks both. Repair an option I guess although very small bonding area so would need some reinforcement as you suggest. As they’ve both broken in exactly the same place I guess they’re a lot of tension there at the fixed point when you squeeze the bar to open the catch. It’s really bad design.

View attachment 728009
You’re right, it’s a very poor design. Our two that broke were directly below the kitchen worktop and over time had got bits and pieces eg crumbs inside the handle which made them stiff and uneven to pull, which is why they broke where they did. Once cleaned and repaired they have been no problem. Good luck 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
I have problem with identical catch on a drawer under the fridge.
The cast internal mechanism has become damaged.
Does anyone know where I could obtain spares?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back