Crofts end farm Appleby

Discussion in 'Best campsites for Walking' started by lorger, Aug 25, 2013.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

Ratings:
    +10,535
    We where introduced to this little gem of a site by Kesbruce and Laneside, it could actually cover a few categories, for now I will post it in here. They have a CL as well as a small campsite other side of barn so no need to be cc member.

On the Sunday morning we went a lovely walk for about 2 hours with the dogs and the countryside is stunning. We have been back several times on our own and with pablomc off here. Since the first visit we have did several walks which if your clever enough can pass a pub or two.

The site is spotless and the owners are so helpful.

http://www.croftends.co.uk/caravan_site.html

• Like it Like it x 6
  2. laneside

laneside Funster

Ratings:
    +6,609
    Take Toby for a walk across the field to that nice pub and have a pint on me, I will sort it next time we meet up. :thumb:

• Like it Like it x 2
  3. lorger

lorger Funster

Ratings:
    +10,535
    Thanks Alan the next time we are there I will have that pint and post a pic for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We also discovered a nice little pub in the village just another ten mins walk away.

4. Head Gardener

Head Gardener Funster

Ratings:
    +256
    As a newbie I'm browsing around all sorts of old threads :). Stayed at Croft Ends (in the caravan) in July; it is still an excellent little site and the owners, Val and Andrew, could not be more helpful or pleasant. I was chatting to Val on the day I left and she realised I was a keen gardener (as is she). "Damn" she said - rather loudly "if I had realised I would have taken you to our Ladies Group last night". Turns out the speaker was a local expert on something horticultural and it was a really good evening.

But I digress - this is a great base to walk High Cup Nick. Much quieter and nicer than the sites in Dufton itself. Highly recommended.

5. Cat53

Cat53 Funster

Ratings:
    +8,564
    Looks BEAUTIFUL. Earmarked for the future. Thank you (y)

6. Head Gardener

Head Gardener Funster

Ratings:
    +256
    Cheers @Cat53, let's go for another first and see if I can attach a picture

[​IMG]

Yay, childish excitement - it worked! This was the view from my pitch on the CL side. Every pitch has its own drainage and tap.

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1