Crazy 2-storey MH with internal elevator (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

An entire second floor pops out of this small motorhome, complete with an elevator to get up there​

The SAIC Maxus Life Home V90 Villa Edition, designed and built in China, appears to offer the best of both mobile worlds. The vehicle has a relatively small footprint (it’s only slightly larger than what you see most van-lifers driving around in), but it employs slide-out walls to greatly increase the floor space to around 215 square feet inside while the RV is parked.

Where the V90 is really different is the sunroom that automatically extends from the roof giving an entire second floor of living space, including a walk-out balcony.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The concept is quite good, needs some swing/slide out stabilising jack's for windy conditions. Not much storage so another 1½ meters in length and a garage would be good. Would be interesting to know how useable it is with the top down.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Looks like the ideal motorhome for spectating at motorsports events.(y)

If it has to be imported from China will the delivery time be listed as 9-12 weeks?:unsure: (because everything I buy from China says that:giggle:)

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Not exactly a new idea.

Conversions of double decker busses into motorhomes has been around since the 1960's, if not before.

1613924385976.png

I travelled on one like this.

It had a kitchen, bar and loo downstairs.
Seating for 14 upstairs, which could be configured as dining table or forward or sideways viewing.

There was more than enough room for a double bed, and I think it may have been an option

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not exactly a new idea.

Conversions of double decker busses into motorhomes has been around since the 1960's, if not before.

View attachment 467843

I travelled on one like this.

It had a kitchen, bar and loo downstairs.
Seating for 14 upstairs, which could be configured as dining table or forward or sideways viewing.

There was more than enough room for a double bed, and I think it may have been an option
Looks cool. (y)

I think the thing about the Chinese van is that it's travelling footprint is more akin to a modest-size motorhome.

;):giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back