Crafters.....what did you buy this week....... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I treated myself to a new box of dressmaking pins yesterday, from local fabric shop. Most of my old ones a bit bent from running over them with the sewing machine and a few got rusty patches,
The new ones are rubbish however, and I have had a frustrating day as they don’t slide into the fabric like my old ones, some have rough edges and some have not got points. They are thicker. Being a Sunday I cannot do much about it and probably not worth going back to complain.
Making two outfits for Twinwood Festival !
That is a disappointment, there must be some decent ones about somewhere, maybe another funster can recommend the ones they like.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
That's it I got it, my mitre saw thingy......now that means I can re-purpose old picture frames and get some things that have needed framing done. So I will be hunting the odd car boot for frames, if they have a picture it won't matter, but it means i'll have everything I need. Maybe it's time to look for a mount cutter......do any funsters have one they no longer need?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That's it I got it, my mitre saw thingy......now that means I can re-purpose old picture frames and get some things that have needed framing done. So I will be hunting the odd car boot for frames, if they have a picture it won't matter, but it means i'll have everything I need. Maybe it's time to look for a mount cutter......do any funsters have one they no longer need?

Where were you when we needed you yesterday ... I took loads of paintings/prints to car boot sale .. some with expensive frames .. Got buttons for them. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Where were you when we needed you yesterday ... I took loads of paintings/prints to car boot sale .. some with expensive frames .. Got buttons for them. :(
That is such a shame, but such is life I suppose.
I'll never have the equipment I was used to for picture framing, but it will be nice to be able to do some in a modest way again. :D

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
WTercolour paint and paper ?. Does that count as craft? But mostly I draw ?? - that’s Oleg.
I also buy wool, and sometimes use some of it (crochet)

Attachments

• A832B4E4-B25C-41AF-ADC9-0CF426CF5D61.jpeg
    A832B4E4-B25C-41AF-ADC9-0CF426CF5D61.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 14
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not bought anything new for ages, have been having a clear out and am shocked at the duplicate stuff I have found.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
A different craft to most of you but, as I had a piece of wood 'explode' on the lathe, I bought one of these:

Mask.jpg

It has a respirator so the face shield stays fog free whilst passing clean air over the face.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Purchases this week - yet more wool, and I had some cards made to sell at a craft fare type thing. Eek. Yes
Never too old for a new adventure. I ?
4D2CFE0E-7D63-4AE1-8C9D-66E78015C08B.jpeg
Second from left should have been cropped to square (missing out the vacant left hand edge). Does it look too much like I just lost interest?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Really good this week - just bought a zip for a pair of trousers I'm (trying!) making! They look enormous at the moment so may have to take in both outside and inside seams!

Denise

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Purchases this week - yet more wool, and I had some cards made to sell at a craft fare type thing. Eek. Yes
Never too old for a new adventure. I ? View attachment 332467 Second from left should have been cropped to square (missing out the vacant left hand edge). Does it look too much like I just lost interest?

I can’t see anything that looks missing. They look brilliant.

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
Those pictures are awesome. Love the second from the left. You're a star.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Those pictures are awesome. Love the second from the left. You're a star.
looking now, i meant second from the right - good job i am not a construction engineer - or any sort of engineer come to that :|

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I am trying to keep away from ebay and world of books ............. but it is so difficult. I love receiving the little packages that just fit into the post box. I ordered some embroidery thread cards and lots of children's buttons, ducks, rabbits and elephants, doll making sewing needles and to my delight a free package of large ,small and really tiny buttons was included - lovely lime green, orange and yellow colours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back