Cost of habitation service etc (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Last year we had a habitation service on our Swift Kontiki which cost £400 + at the dealers where we bought the MH.
Yesterday we had a mobile approved workshop scheme company come to our house and do a habitation service on the MH and damp test for £176.00. This included replacing 2 gas hoses.

What a difference in the cost !!

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Last year we had a habitation service on our Swift Kontiki which cost £400 + at the dealers where we bought the MH.
Yesterday we had a mobile approved workshop scheme company come to our house and do a habitation service on the MH and damp test for £176.00. This included replacing 2 gas hoses.

What a difference in the cost !!
Is this a nationwide service? Thinking ahead 👍

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Anyone up in Yorkshire I can thoroughly recommend Jaime at Yorkshire tourers, my son has used him for years and me for the first time last week.

My god talk about no stone unturned, he was everywhere even crawling about underneath checking all the tanks and connectors, whilst his dad (35 years experience) was inside doing all the windows, checking seals and siliconing them, every cupboard & draw was checked, catches, locks lockers, electrical sockets, sargent controller, solar output, fridge on all its feeds, removed vent and cleaned the igniter and burner, gas safety check and finally damp. And bloody hell Jaimie went into every possible area to test for damp and got readings of 4-5%.
Chuffed to bits with those results and the amount of work carried out and all for £170 inc vat

And a massive bonus he’s a member of the NCC Approved Workshops so able to forwards all the results through to Autotrail to maintain the warranty

result 👍👍

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Anyone up in Yorkshire I can thoroughly recommend Jaime at Yorkshire tourers, my son has used him for years and me for the first time last week.

My god talk about no stone unturned, he was everywhere even crawling about underneath checking all the tanks and connectors, whilst his dad (35 years experience) was inside doing all the windows, checking seals and siliconing them, every cupboard & draw was checked, catches, locks lockers, electrical sockets, sargent controller, solar output, fridge on all its feeds, removed vent and cleaned the igniter and burner, gas safety check and finally damp. And bloody hell Jaimie went into every possible area to test for damp and got readings of 4-5%.
Chuffed to bits with those results and the amount of work carried out and all for £170 inc vat

And a massive bonus he’s a member of the NCC Approved Workshops so able to forwards all the results through to Autotrail to maintain the warranty

result 👍👍
Would not have thought any Yorkshireman worth his salt would WASTE cash on a Habitation check..unless of course its needed for warranty.BUSBY..

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Thanks The Cruisers.
One of the jobs is that he needs his motor mover sorting. I could certainly do it but I'm past grovelling under caravans fighting rusted nuts and bolts and seized shafts. I've been there and done that, a lot. Although I still have the tools and skills it's taken me til my 70's to have the wisdom to get someone else to suffer the bad back, dirt in the eye and grazed knuckles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Spriddler
It was S and G Caravan services and this is their website www.sandgcaravanservices.com
They are based in Sompting West Sussex

We are very pleased with them.
He's the cowboy who bashes tools into the side of your van & when he did a warranty fridge repair for me I had to show him how to put it back together, other Funsters have said the same about him. I wouldn't let him near one of my vans again.

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We’ve had no problems with his work (used him twice). Friends have recommended him as they were pleased.
We can only comment on how we found him as you have Lenny.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back