Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
today we walked and cycled past what has to amount to over a million corns that looked ready to eat.

Now the farmer isnt going to miss a couple from the edge, not ever if everyone who walks past the field takes one, so I know its theft and I didn't take one but would you?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For sure I would if my hand could reach it. Plays havoc sticking in the teeth mind you :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Be careful...we were in France and pinched a couple of cobs from a field. We boiled them, then we boiled them more, no matter how long we boiled them they would not cook like corn as we know it. We learned the next day that it was a special type of corn grown for cattle feed :doh:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
many years ago when camping near St Tropez, a farmer land owner and his mate came into the campsite carrying guns chasing kids who had 'stolen' grapes from his vineyard next to the camp site, probably more valuable than the cobs, but still remember the fear in the kids eyes

so no for me (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Yes, if you see very large fields of them, they are cattle feed and are virtually inedible.

Reactions: Jim

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
today we walked and cycled past what has to amount to over a million corns that looked ready to eat.

Now the farmer isnt going to miss a couple from the edge, not ever if everyone who walks past the field takes one, so I know its theft and I didn't take one but would you?

Alistair where is your photos and blog of where you are etc etc?

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Abso..... ferkin.... loootly.....

But .... i'm not a thief...

I'd see that as ... a gift from God himself... as opposed to that leather hand bag in Harrods...

Now that would be just plain thieving and criminal :rofl:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
One of my many many jobs post leaving the armed forces and waiting for my Seaman's book to come through was for a while in Falmouth Docks as a Shipping Butcher
They had their own Coppers on the gate, A fella, don't know what department he was from, was picked up leaving the Docks with an old army small pack full of kindling . "What's the problem" says he "It's only kindling!"
The Boss Copper said "there are 1500 men working in the Docks, IF! they each took a foot of timber home for kindling twice a week?????"

You take 1 corn cob! Some one else with a family takes 4, joe blow gets greedy and takes 12,

tiz theft!

Had a good mate of mine saw a fella gathering Mushrooms from his paddock, he followed the joker home. Once the fella went inside my mate walked around his garden picking flowers, the fella came steaming out "what the hell are you doing?"
My Mate said "You came to my place and picked mushrooms? I thought I'd return the compliment and come to your place and pick a bunch of your flowers!"

Tiz ONLY a Corn Cob, Tiz ONLY a Cabbage Tiz ONLY a Cauliflower, Tiz ONLY a Swede.

Tiz ONLY Theft!

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Alistair where is your photos and blog of where you are etc etc?
Getting there, Bets is writing a diary, not to be shared, we picked up a camera yesterday and hope to post some pictures by the end of the week along with a commentary of where we have been. So far it's all been so so busy

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
One of my many many jobs post leaving the armed forces and waiting for my Seaman's book to come through was for a while in Falmouth Docks as a Shipping Butcher
They had their own Coppers on the gate, A fella, don't know what department he was from, was picked up leaving the Docks with an old army small pack full of kindling . "What's the problem" says he "It's only kindling!"
The Boss Copper said "there are 1500 men working in the Docks, IF! they each took a foot of timber home for kindling twice a week?????"

You take 1 corn cob! Some one else with a family takes 4, joe blow gets greedy and takes 12,

tiz theft!

Had a good mate of mine saw a fella gathering Mushrooms from his paddock, he followed the joker home. Once the fella went inside my mate walked around his garden picking flowers, the fella came steaming out "what the hell are you doing?"
My Mate said "You came to my place and picked mushrooms? I thought I'd return the compliment and come to your place and pick a bunch of your flowers!"

Tiz ONLY a Corn Cob, Tiz ONLY a Cabbage Tiz ONLY a Cauliflower, Tiz ONLY a Swede.

Tiz ONLY Theft!
Coopers ? That's got to be going back a few years !

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
They are indeed grown as cattle feed.
Down in the Pyrenees you'll see giant, slatted box type structures--- 12 feet high, maybe, stuffed full of the corn cobs.
I assume that keeps them drying out with air circulating so they don't go mouldy.

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs

Absolutely but not those as learned the hard way they're inedible. However We have lots of broad beans grown round here too which i like to eat(y)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
They are indeed grown as cattle feed.
Down in the Pyrenees you'll see giant, slatted box type structures--- 12 feet high, maybe, stuffed full of the corn cobs.
I assume that keeps them drying out with air circulating so they don't go mouldy.

i've seen them being harvested just a combine that shreads everything then spits it out into a trailer

joe

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Or.............

I was just walking past a motorhome and I saw a mobile phone inside it.
I like mobile phones.
I know the owner will have plenty of money and insurance, and I could really do with a new phone just now.
There was no-one around.
Do I break the window and take his phone or not?

So when is stealing something that doesn't belong to you acceptable then?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
So if you pass an orchard with some juicy apples its OK to pick some ? - if you pass the greengrocers and those same apples are on display there is it still ok to take some? No either way is theft

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If I were a farmer and seriously worried about my crops being nicked i wouldn't sow so near to the edge that passersby could steal one, either that or just say each one i was left with in that area was a bonus.

I wonder if you are all as goody two shoes in not breaking the law in other ways which is also wrong. We can all talk the talk on a forum but can you really walk the walk?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The fields at the back of our house have different crops each year, this year its barley but last year it was spuds, some red some white.....very nice they were too.
Walk the dogs and take a carrier bag.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Absolutely but not those as learned the hard way they're inedible. However We have lots of broad beans grown round here too which i like to eat(y)
There's spuds growing where I walk with the dog....1st time theyve ever grown them that Ive seen them....look about ready too....:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back