Considering a new portable BBQ (1 Viewer)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I've been using a cheaper (£30) version of that style of BBQ at home for years and rate them highly. The one I have uses lava rock (for that authentic BBQ taste!) Problem with using mine for travelling is that the lava rock rattles & gets everywhere.

So, for the van, I use a much simpler & smaller Outback - I don't have gas in my van, so this cartridge one works well.

Dec 30, 2017
North Devon
Funster No
Yes I have one of those Weber Gas BBQs.
Pros: It's a Weber; heavy duty construction with loooong warranty; good fitting top and small vents for that essential smoky flavour and proper cooking without burning.
Cons: a bit pricey compared with others but good value.
Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We use a twin outback with the small gas canisters they last well and it stows flat to pack away less than £30 from seaflo.

Will9456

Free Member
May 12, 2017
poole
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have the Go Anywhere charcoal version, and a Weber starter chimney for the brickettes. It was half the cost of the gas version. The quality is good as you would expect from Weber. I have quite never understood gas BBQs.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
71aReBde1aL._SL1000_.jpg
71aReBde1aL._SL1000_.jpg
Nothing like a real BBQ. I have one of these which works well for us. Takes 15/20 minutes for the BBQ to heat up. Just about enough time for the aperitif or cold beer before the main course.
We have been using it for a season and still in great shape.
Amazon product ASIN B01MR6LH9ULooks like I can't post the link. so here is a pic. Can be bought on That large internet company that doesn't pay taxes.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
View attachment 247186 View attachment 247186 Looks like I can't post the link. so here is a pic. Can be bought on That large internet company that doesn't pay taxes.

You did post the link, but you couldn't see it due to an adblocker running. I don't know why but Amazon links don't show with an adblocker running - at least on my system before someone says they can see them.

Dave

Gcs

Feb 18, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
5 years
Well now you've got me started!
I love weber bbq's.
I recently bought a gas go anywhere and added a few mods to make it more useful for a big trip around Europe next year.
Not wanting to run it from disposable cylinders and also not wanting to pay the ridiculous price for the adaptor, i made my own fitting to suit a Cadac quick release to the form on a disposable cylinder fitting (one advantage to being a CNC Turner by trade)
i've just finished making a rotisserie for it, first trials were last night using jacket potatoes! One hour later, the results were as below. maybe didn't need all the prongs to hold it in place, but you get the idea
IMG_0291.jpeg

a few pics of the mods.....
IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0312.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg

and all set for roast chicken later this evening....
FullSizeRender.jpeg

So if anyone is staying at Tudor caravan park and get a whiff of Rotisserie cooked chicken, you know where its coming from!

Gcs

Feb 18, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
5 years
Well, for anyone interested, the results were pretty good. Roast Chook, Potatoes, parsnips and carrots, with a bit of broccoli, the full works all on a day with 30 degrees!! Despite leaving the Chicken seasoning and gravy powder at home, which involved a frantic bike ride to the shop, we managed a full BBQ roast

Attachments

• 23CDE315-18EC-403D-99D2-1AA77A8C9770.jpeg
    23CDE315-18EC-403D-99D2-1AA77A8C9770.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 45

Gcs

Feb 18, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
5 years
Fascinating finger joint, never seen that before.

All designed to come apart and store flat under the lid Brian, held together pretty well last night, the Chook didn't end up breaking free and rolling across the pitch :)

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
@Gcs hi just got a Weber go any where looking at your pics I see you left the regulator on and is the other end plug into out side bbq point .
Do you no what size the the brass adapter is that goes into the Weber regulator

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back