Conflict between Growler Alarm and Tow Bar Electrics (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We had a Growler fitted last month - everything worked fine. We then had a tow bar fitted attached to which is a Easylift scooter rack. When the scooter rack electrics are plugged in and we try to alarm the van the Growler emits a couple of bleeps which denotes a fault and the alarm doesn't work. If we unplug the scooter rack electrics the Growler works fine. We have been in touch with VanBitz and also the tow bar fitter who both say they don't know what the problem is. Anyone else had this situation or can advise us?
Not sure it's relevant but the van is a Frankia i740 Plus. Thanks.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
My simple view....

Have the tow bar folk tapped into / or "disturbed" the alarm loom somewhere... thinking that was fitted first...

Just another "stupid" thought....
either yourselves... or the tow bar fitters ... are not using the "alarm (tow bar type) socket... for power?...

michndan

Free Member
Jan 12, 2016
Nuneatone
Funster No
MH
Hymer b644sl
Exp
That's what I thought the alarm loop is a trailer socket. You have not plugged into that under the back bumper by mistake have you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just another "stupid" thought....
either yourselves... or the tow bar fitters ... are not using the "alarm (tow bar type) socket... for power?...
Hopefully not a stupid thought cos that was mine as well. X 3 always worth a check. Also check that you haven't switched on the "loop" switch on the dash and aren't using it. It will think you have loop fitted and you don't.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Go into the glove box and turn the alarm loop switch off and see what happens.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just check what 7 pin socket the wiring for the towbar plugs into. You should have two such sockets. One that @eddievanbitz put in for your Growler accessory loop and another that the towbar fitter should have fitted for your towbar electrics. If there is only one, there is your problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
There is no conflict

Growler is totally independent, so anything added should be isolated

If though you plug your new light bar into the Growler socket that will upset Growler and it will beep to tell you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back