Compressor fridge Thetford T1090L (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@Lenny HB I’ve fitted the new GELs today and set my LRM1218 at 2A is this the correct setting Lenny thanks.

John.
Yep looks like it.
Did you run a test on the AGM's to see what capacity they had?
Don't take them to the tip as scrappy will give you £12-£15 each for them, scrap metal prices tend to be a bit better after Christmas.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Lenny they’re reading 13.45 and 13 .56 on the multimeter, so it looks like they’re ok at the moment.
£12 - 15 each when one cost me £210
20 months ago.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny they’re reading 13.45 and 13 .56 on the multimeter, so it looks like they’re ok at the moment.
£12 - 15 each when one cost me £210
20 months ago.

John.
You won't get an idea of how they are performing without a controlled discharge.

£210 - saw you coming, that's why it makes sense to ditch the OEM supplied AGM and spend £300 on a couple of Gels. :xgrin:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You won't get an idea of how they are performing without a controlled discharge.

£210 - saw you coming, that's why it makes sense to ditch the OEM supplied AGM and spend £300 on a couple of Gels. :xgrin:
Lenny .... I think he's feeling bad enough without you rubbing it in! :sneaky: ;)

John ... if they are okay flog them in the paper, free ads etc, you'll certainly get more than £15 each for them!

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
They’ve been stood in my cold garage now for a week and they’re still reading 12.9 volts.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to give a bit of feedback to the OP:

We've used our fridge now continually wilding since we came over to France/Portugal/Spain on 10 November. Having experimented with various settings etc we found that having it on night mode set at 3 or more was too noisy, so we now run it at 2 on night mode and everything stays nice and frozen solid, so for us this is a 'win' as it means it is quieter and using less power. During the day we still leave it on night mode but turn it up to 3 and this again works well, no defrosting etc and we've had temperatures up to 30 degrees some days.

The only time we turn up the setting is if we are planning on putting some fresh food in the freezer so that it freezes quickly and 'solid' - we're cheating really as these are not really meant to be used to freeze stuff normally but to keep already frozen stuff frozen, but it works for us and we always check stuff has frozen properly so we don't end up making ourselves ill.

This mark 2 version though, is far superior to the mark 1 version we had previously which was totally useless and dangerous as it was so easy for stuff to defrost and freeze again without you knowing about it.

The only issue we have with it is the long and shallow water drip tray at the back which, when going up/down hill can allow the water to 'tip' out into the veg drawers below, however putting in some absorbant cloth still allows it to receive the water but not let it run out.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
They’ve been stood in my cold garage now for a week and they’re still reading 12.9 volts.

John.

10 weeks now and my old AGMs are still reading 12.9 stood in my cold garage.
I’m going to carry 1 in the rear under the bed and use it for my CPAP machine.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back