Comfort won't insure my MoHo with 6 seats (2 Viewers)

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
It IS a fully old life innit? I think one's personal perception of an insurer is based on whether or not they meet/solve your needs at the time. For me, nearly all the others had an issue of some sort or the other, then out of the blue along came NFU (recommendation by @Robert Clark amongst others) and all I can say is that my local branch were pragmatic and helpful ...... very approachable and more 'personal' (y) and they gave me exactly what I wanted :D
You are quite right, it IS a funny old life.
When we had a legitimate house insurance claim trying to get the money out of NFU via the Oban branch was like trying to get a new joke out of old-mo.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
You are quite right, it IS a funny old life.
When we had a legitimate house insurance claim trying to get the money out of NFU via the Oban branch was like trying to get a new joke out of old-mo.

As one would expect that was easy then just like Old Mo pouring out jokes like there's no tomorrow.

I would trust NFU further than many insurance underwriters!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I'm sorry but I thought that they had been fair but obviously that was not the case. What were the grounds for not paying or delaying or was it a local Scots matter of meanness in their branch. I don't think that they have a general reputation for not paying out on legitimate claims.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
d12LMy
@Minxy Girl Coo away......:D

d12LMy
This one I assume ... I've had a virtual 'potter' round it! Not too much drool on the carpet though ... :D

https://picclick.co.uk/Toyota-Dyna-6-Berth-Fully-Refurbished-Rare-Low-173246595663.html#&gid=1&pid=1

OP
OP
DFMan

DFMan

Free Member
Jun 26, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Toyota Dyna
Exp
@Minxy Girl Way too much time on your hands!:D Exactly right. Sold my VW California and bought this on the same day. Going for a two week trip tomorrow but not sure whether this old girl would hold up:sick: She is 20 years old with 24k on the clock but service history unknown. I bought all the travel insurance and breakdown cover I can afford just in case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do you know when it was last serviced? If it wasn't done recently I'd get it done as the recovery people can get a bit 'sniffy' if you haven't looked after a vehicle and need recovery ... not to mention that then you'd know for sure how likely you are to be able to complete your trip!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back