Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
Warm evenings are approaching, soon it will be time to sit out under the awning. But which chair?
I'm looking for a pair of light-weight, well-made, stable, padded chairs for relaxing with a 'sundowner'. (No lounger types). Amazon recommendations anyone?

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, We have tried many chairs and most of them are stached in the garage but the most comfortable and practical ones are the Isabella there the ones in our van now cost about £60 each but worth it :)

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
agreed. We have tried many and have settled on isabella. Light, strong and very comfortable.fine for lounging or eating at the table.We also got the footstool/side table that are also excellent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We used a pair of director chairs for several years which were fine for sitting at a table but didn't recline. We looked around (Go Outdoors, caravan dealers, shows) and plumped for a pair of Lafuma Cham Elips Chairs. They adjust for use both at a table and reclined. We actually bought them from a garden supplies company on-line, cheaper than elsewhere.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
We have Lafuma loungers which are very comfortable but heavy. If I were choosing again I would probably buy Dukdalf. They make excellent high-back folding chairs in aluminium; an extended separate leg rest can be added if you want to make them into a lounger. Unfortunately they are rarely available in the UK so you may have to buy on-line, or wait until you are abroad. They are a Dutch firm I believe.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
We bought a couple of Kampa directors chairs, Really lightweight, as far as I can remember they come in black, blue, green or red. We got black. They also have a built in side table & glass/beer can holder. From memory about £25 to £30 each, got them from the NEC show.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back