Comfort fail again - spectacularly this time! (2 Viewers)

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I've switched this year after two years with Adrian Flux, slightly higher premium, but we were new to motorhoming and at the time they were the cheapest. So now we've lumped our two cars and the van together with Admiral on a multicar insurance, I like the flexibility of having more than one owner (all family), different policy holders, various named drivers and the whole lot just £457, including legal cover and protected NCB. It all renews at the same time, so if I pay the lot, any child owners can just pay me back - and surprisingly that actually happened quite quickly this year! :LOL:

Admiral screwed over my family when an idiot woman on a mobile wrote of their MH. Wouldn't pay out the value of the MH.

I canceled my 5 year policy with them mid way through. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

My grandad also canceled his policy.

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
Admiral screwed over my family when an idiot woman on a mobile wrote of their MH. Wouldn't pay out the value of the MH.

I canceled my 5 year policy with them mid way through. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

My grandad also canceled his policy.
I think somebody has a similar story about every single insurance company out there. I was pleased with the way they handled my son's claim a few years back, when someone stole and then trashed his car.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I've been with LV for years, premium gone down this year, but I've also got two scooters insured with them (and the car), and they've just emailed me saying they are not insuring motorbikes / scooters anymore. I think LV morphed out of the CSMA, which was involved in lots of motor sport in it's early days, so to abandon motorbike insurance doesn't sit well with me. Has this affected others on here, where have you got your scoots insured?
125cc Scooter and 650cc motorbike on multi-bike policy with Bennett’s.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I've been with LV for years, premium gone down this year, but I've also got two scooters insured with them (and the car), and they've just emailed me saying they are not insuring motorbikes / scooters anymore. I think LV morphed out of the CSMA, which was involved in lots of motor sport in it's early days, so to abandon motorbike insurance doesn't sit well with me. Has this affected others on here, where have you got your scoots insured?
My Triumph is insured by LV until January, but Cindy’s Vespa policy ends in September. Fairly annoying that they are no longer insuring motorcycles/scooters.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I hope nobody on here is intending to push loyalty to any one company, though it often sounds like it. I had a similar experience as the OP with both Comfort and camc, I'm now with LV who at the time beat all the others hands down, but I'll change again when I find a better deal.

As to those who say the best company is the one who performs best when you have a problem, I can only say I've not been unlucky enough to collect the evidence so that doesn't count.

Lots of these companies, Comfort, camc, etc. Are just brokers and the actual insurance company changes from time to time. So loyalty to what?

Rant over.

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Insurance must be one of the biggest money making scams there is . They dont have to justify why there premiums increase year in year out .
How can they justify one company charging half as much as another for basically the same thing.
Rant over 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The most expensive waterfront land around the world is occupied by insurance companies and banks with the odd well known camera companies. Doesn’t that say it all?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back