Colapz watering can: main screwed joint always pops off ? (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Anyone else experienced this ? I’m referring to the main screwed part that connect the spout to the can itself. Looking at the thread length and washer thickness it looks to me like it will always be a risky joint. Any pressure with spout at an angle and the joint fails….

I can see a good solution being to silicone totally that joint, it will solve it and only make it slightly bigger when packing it down.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
As above .Another example of overpriced and over marketed items to try and command a ridiculous price point . I would suggest contacting the company and asking for a replacement or refund .

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Anyone else experienced this ? I’m referring to the main screwed part that connect the spout to the can itself. Looking at the thread length and washer thickness it looks to me like it will always be a risky joint. Any pressure with spout at an angle and the joint fails….

I can see a good solution being to silicone totally that joint, it will solve it and only make it slightly bigger when packing it down.
I used mine once and decided it was a pile of crap and donated it to some unsuspecting mug. Sorry Jim :p

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Colapz watering can is an essential for me. Used every time I'm out and about being quicker for the 30l or so i need to top off my miniscule tank thn faffing with a hose. As Riverbankannie storage of something rigid would be a problem.

If the thread isn't holding there is a fault. I'd be seeking a replacement.

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
My spout comes off, useless it's Ok as an expensive collapsible bucket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Collapsible watering cans, mean you don't need a pump but what a faff.

Buckets for us. Two years ago we stopped carrying a hose reel. We always travel full so never need a hose when we get on site. I keep a 2m hose but haven't used it since I cut it off my 25m reel. In a PVC not carrying a 20m hose is a great space saver.

I just fill with my collapsible 20L buckets and a lift pump. Two trips is 80L and we're full. Those 20L canvas buckets are awesome, easy to carry and no spill. We use theblack ones you see below for waste and bought two blue ones for fresh. The buckets and pump all together doesn't half fill a carrier bag, but holds a complete fresh and grey fill and empty solution (y)

Amazon product ASIN B076Z5PFJK
1695121829260.png

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!

Buckets for us. Two years ago we stopped carrying a hose reel. We always travel full so never need a hose when we get on site. I keep a 2m hose but haven't used it since I cut it off my 25m reel. In a PVC not carrying a 20m hose is a great space saver.

I just fill with my collapsible 20L buckets and a lift pump. Two trips is 80L and we're full. Those 20L canvas buckets are awesome, easy to carry and no spill. We use theblack ones you see below for waste and bought two blue ones for fresh. The buckets and pump all together doesn't half fill a carrier bag, but holds a complete fresh and grey fill and empty solution (y)

View attachment 811172
But what a faff getting the pump out and finding you forgot to recharge it ...

If one size fitted all I'm motorhoming life would be so boring :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

My pump is wired into a connection just inside the cassette door, takes 5 seconds to get the water flowing

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

View attachment 811172
Now that's an idea as I have a plug in pump to fill water but no space for full-size watering can .

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Recharge it?

My external pump has a 2 prong plug that runs off the leisure battery you just drop the pump in the bucket and up it goes

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
You guys haven't seen the lack of wiring outlets in my PVC have you. No problem if on mains but only one 12v socket a long way from the water point, and until I messed around no USB off the habitation. Lot less faff to just use watering cans ;)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You guys haven't seen the lack of wiring outlets in my PVC have you. No problem if on mains but only one 12v socket a long way from the water point, and until I messed around no USB off the habitation. Lot less faff to just use watering cans ;)

I just took a 12v feed from just inside my cassette locker, which is close to the water fill point. My pump just has a ciggy lighter end, and empties a 20L bucket in no time
Now that's an idea as I have a plug in pump to fill water but no space for full-size watering can .

Those buckets I linked to are tough and you can scrunch or roll them into a tiny space. When wild camping there is often nowhere to attach a hose without being cheeky, but I can always find somewhere to fill a bucket.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I just took a 12v feed from just inside my cassette locker, which is close to the water fill point. My pump just has a ciggy lighter end, and empties a 20L bucket in no time

Those buckets I linked to are tough and you can scrunch or roll them into a tiny space. When wild camping there is often nowhere to attach a hose without being cheeky, but I can always find somewhere to fill a bucket.
I've just ordered 2

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
as I didn’t think about the pump solution 😞, and the collapsible watering can was becoming frustrating, I resorted to the domestic downspout bend solution. Now use the watering can as a bucket and pour it in at a rate of knots. A good back up for any van that it fits. Like the bucket you linked to. Thanks.
Cush

IMG_2189.jpeg IMG_2190.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back