Cobh quayside aire (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
On a recent trip to Ireland, we were delighted to find well signposted free, aire-style motorhome parking, overlooking the picturesque and interesting quay at Cobh, Cork. There are about 10 spaces, and it's within easy walking distance of the town, Heritage Centre and Titanic Experience. Highly recommended - and needless to say popular, so you would need to get there in good time. 48 hour limit.

:thumb:

Marzipan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1990-1993 and 2013 onwards
wildcamping in south-east and south-west Eire

::bigsmile:Hi Roxie, that sounds really great, thanks.

We are going to Ireland for 3 weeks in July and looking to wildcamp from Dublin down the East coast via Wexford, Waterford, Cork and round to the Ring of Kerry and Tralee and then up to the west coast surf beaches south of Galway :Smile:

Any tips and advice would be very welcome please :thumb: :winky:. First trip to Ireland in our motorhome :RollEyes:

Many thanks
Gail & Mike

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
On a recent trip to Ireland, we were delighted to find well signposted free[HI], aire-style motorhome parking, overlooking the picturesque and interesting quay at Cobh,[/HI] Cork. There are about 10 spaces, and it's within easy walking distance of the town, Heritage Centre and Titanic Experience. Highly recommended - and needless to say popular, so you would need to get there in good time. 48 hour limit.

:thumb:

You're sure it's not a Travellers stopping place aren't you? ::bigsmile::winky::RollEyes::Blush:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
::bigsmile:Hi Roxie, that sounds really great, thanks.

We are going to Ireland for 3 weeks in July and looking to wildcamp from Dublin down the East coast via Wexford, Waterford, Cork and round to the Ring of Kerry and Tralee and then up to the west coast surf beaches south of Galway :Smile:

Any tips and advice would be very welcome please :thumb: :winky:. First trip to Ireland in our motorhome :RollEyes:

Many thanks
Gail & Mike

Have sent you a PM

Regards, Bryan

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
On a recent trip to Ireland, we were delighted to find well signposted free, aire-style motorhome parking, overlooking the picturesque and interesting quay at Cobh, Cork. There are about 10 spaces, and it's within easy walking distance of the town, Heritage Centre and Titanic Experience. Highly recommended - and needless to say popular, so you would need to get there in good time. 48 hour limit.
Just looked this up on Google Maps and it seems a great place to overnight. Thanks, Roxie.

We are going to Ireland for 3 weeks in July and looking to wildcamp from Dublin down the East coast via Wexford, Waterford, Cork and round to the Ring of Kerry and Tralee and then up to the west coast surf beaches south of Galway.
That sounds like a great trip, Gail & Mike. We'd be interested to hear how you get on. Any chance you could do a write-up when you get back?

Regards, Rob & Val

Oct 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Ireland

If you want to wildcamp near Dublin I recommend Howth Harbour. Stayed there last week before our ferry home.
If you look on Howth Yacht clubs webcam you can see how many other vans are staying there.
Very good places to eat nearby, and also easy to get into central Dublin by train.

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Well I am off to Ireland on Thursday. Watch the Football on Saturday, then off South and around the Wild Atlantic way for 2 weeks, have done all my homework got lots of places to wildcamp and a couple of campsites to refresh water, etc.
So all in all looking good (so far).

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
We have just had the time of our life wilding in Eire. We took just over five weeks to travel from Dublin,down country then along the south, completing the Wild Atlantic Way all the way to Donegal,into N Ireland then back to Dublin.
I can say it was the most wonderful holiday we've ever had....and I've been to 63 countries! You can keep the rest, Ireland is the BEST!! Just away in USA at the mo but anyone wants more info please feel free to message us and we can tell you of some great,free places to stay. We only stayed at campsites for 3 nights in total.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We have just had the time of our life wilding in Eire. We took just over five weeks to travel from Dublin,down country then along the south, completing the Wild Atlantic Way all the way to Donegal,into N Ireland then back to Dublin.
I can say it was the most wonderful holiday we've ever had....and I've been to 63 countries! You can keep the rest, Ireland is the BEST!! Just away in USA at the mo but anyone wants more info please feel free to message us and we can tell you of some great,free places to stay. We only stayed at campsites for 3 nights in total.

Sounds great..How did you cope for water dumping toilet etc....know nothing 're wild camping. Love Ireland, born in Cork city and have family in Cobh

Last edited:

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Like Ann & Mike we spent five weeks traveling the Wild Atlantic Way. Wild camped and Brit Stop and two camp sites, water and waste not a problem, water on many harbours, toilet emptied any time we came across a public loo. Just leave clean as you have found them. Also joined Motorhomecraic

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Spot on Stan & Shirley. We had two nights (prebooked) on sites but we didn't need them! We did the same as yourselves....beach public loos, Europoint garages for water, we even checked out the cemeteries but the taps were the wrong fitting for our hose!! Everyone is so friendly you can park just about anywhere & yes the harbours were just perfect! Despite seeing signs in most towns advocating 'No overnight parking By Order '(there were 15 vans doing this at Dingle-but gone by 8am) we were told by locals time & time again that this was to thwart the travelling community. Can't wait to return. Glad you enjoyed it - maybe we waved to you lol.
We are away at the moment in the U.S. It would be nice to hear where you got to on your travels and how you managed to not run out of gas as we nearly did! We also joined Motorhomec raic we found the site at Cobh through them & at Donegal town.
Ann & Mike

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Ann & Mike have a good time in the States, we are going again next year so it would be great to swop stop overs. No problem with gas but have a story about a small problem. We also carry a few tap connectors to fit most combinations. One couple we spoke to about over night parking parked at the same spot ever year with no problem as you said.

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks☀️ I'll be in touch in October when we are back hone✈️☔

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Hi just reading through this thread again and would like to tell you that we went on the 29/7 /15 for five weeks with Stella Line,Holyhead to Dublin Port, we did take the 8.30pm sail but we got it for £210 return for 'us two' and our Bessie at 8.5 mts + the bikes (which turned out were just for show) Shop around

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back