Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
On my 31 year old Eunos (MX5)

Not sure this is allowed on here?
There's just so much knowledge and experience on here 🙂

When I put my car in storage it was difficult changing gear, felt like a physical block to gear selection.

When I've gone back, just over a year later, replaced the battery, started first time but when I press the clutch pedal there is nothing there, fresh air like the pedal isn't attached.

Does anyone have knowledge and/or experience of this please?

When I dropped it off I was thinking perhaps a gear selection problem but know I'm wondering about the slave or master cylinder, or is there a cable?

Thanks for any help 👍🙂

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm sure someone will be along soon with some technical knowledge.
Is it a cable operated clutch or hydraulic ?

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
It is an hydraulic system and usually the slave cylinder that goes. First step is to check the fluid level. If that is OK try pumping the clutch pedal to get some effect and if that fails.......find a garage???!!! It may of course be something else but that's where I would start.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
you will probably find that you have an empty clutch master cylinder due to a leak , the master or slave cylinder will need replacing you could try topping up the master cylinder and bleeding the air out at the slave cylinder

OP
OP
frwjd
May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
It is an hydraulic system and usually the slave cylinder that goes. First step is to check the fluid level. If that is OK try pumping the clutch pedal to get some effect and if that fails.......find a garage???!!! It may of course be something else but that's where I would start.
Thanks 👍

OP
OP
frwjd
May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
you will probably find that you have an empty clutch master cylinder due to a leak , the master or slave cylinder will need replacing you could try topping up the master cylinder and bleeding the air out at the slave cylinder
Thanks 👍

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I think it is a cable clutch, may have been a dying cable not allowing full clutch movement hence difficult to engage, now dead due to rust?

Oct 5, 2022
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720
Exp
I’m a Newbie
Sounds like the clutch has stuck to the pressure plate , try engaging first or reverse gear & turn the starter motor that might free it up , make sure you don’t run over or hit another car as your engine could start up & car will run away .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back