cleaning the water tank (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Its been a while since I used my van and I think there is about half a tank of fresh water and no grey water. I bought some puriclean.

Have I got this right…?

In the youtube video I saw, the bloke mixes some puriclean in a jug of water and then lifts up the carpet inside. He unscrews a ‘large cap’ and this is the water tank. He pours the jug of water into the water tank and stirs it around.

So, I need to find this ‘large cap’ in my van? Otherwise I would have to pour the jug into the ‘hose pipe cap’ outside the van? I’ve never looked but there should definitely be a ‘large cap’ inside the van somewhere?

I will leave it for a few hours.

I will then drain the freshwater tank by opening a valve that is next to the boiler. This valve has automatically opened in the past because of frost, and when open the fresh water pours out from under the van. That’s the valve I need to use, yes?

And yes you are quite right, next time I need drain everything and not leave the water to stagnate like this. is. Silly me.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I would drain the freshwater tank by turning on the taps, cold water, and running the water into the grey/waste water tank. Leave for a couple of hours then drain. (y)

Upvote 0

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Just pour it in where you top the water up, ends up in the same place. Top up with water.

Run all taps and showers to pull through the system.

Take for a spin round the block. (Like stirring but better)

Leave for 2 - 12 hours

Empty water tank/boiler

Refill with fresh water and pull through taps.

Empty again

Done.

I’m doing mine tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Never drained the water tank, only used for washing, cooking and flushing the toilet...

Do look and if it's not going green... good to go !

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
I do ours when we’re on a fairly local site so we can give it a good slosh about on the way home, with puriclean I run the kitchen tap back into the tank to pull it through the system hot and cold tap.
Leave overnight then drain into the grey tank and leave for another day or more if I forget then drain.
That way the grey tank gets a clean to.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back