Cleaning the MoHo (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony Lin
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all we’ve been touring France Spain and Portugal and we’re looking a bit dirty now 😉. How do you keep the external Moho clean when your touring and only using Aires? We’ve seen a number of aires saying that washing vehicles is prohibited. Do you use jet washes somewhere else?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A couple of years ago in Portugal the van was covered in salt after wilding on the cliffs during a gale. I made Mr. Wallet pay for an Aire that had a washing bay.
Other times a bucket of water and microfiber cloth & wipe it down when it's raining, no one about to worry about it.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Haven’t been able to clean mine for months due to ongoing hosepipe ban in Cornwall. Good news is that it’s looking cleaner every day - persistent rain and gale force winds are saving me a job!

OP
OP
Gardenpotter
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony Lin
Exp
Since 2018
I must admit the jet washes at the repsol garage looked very tempting but we didn’t!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2013
Kilsyth, Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I have stopped at a jet wash a few times while away and given it a decent clean. Like all jet washes didn’t go too close with the lance when rinsing off soap after brush cleaning.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
A couple of years ago in Portugal the van was covered in salt after wilding on the cliffs during a gale. I made Mr. Wallet pay for an Aire that had a washing bay.
Other times a bucket of water and microfiber cloth & wipe it down when it's raining, no one about to worry about it.
I do exactly the same. I tend to use a mild mix of shampoo in tge bucket and it doesn’t need rising so much.

In Spain have also used Repsol wash bays that have a gantry to get to the roof with the brush but didn’t really direct the jet was lance on the van as such to reduce risk of water penetration.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back