Cleaning Privacy Blinds (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Hi. Recommendations please for cleaning side window Remis blinds and insect nets, the latter having mould spots. Thanks

Solution2
Might be easier to just remove the complete blind and surrounding frame. Ours are 2 screws top and bottom. Then you can lay them on a flat surface. :unsure:
Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
Funnily enough we just cleaned our flyscreen blinds today. Apart from general dust and griminess we had numerous dark spots where moths and flies had been accidentally caught & rolled up in the blinds when closing the windows late on warm summer evenings. Anyway this is what we did, with good results:
Working with my other half up a ladder on the outside, holding the back of a tea tray against the mesh I dipped an old toothbrush into a bucket of soapy water & gently scrubbed the black spots. For the most stubborn spots I dipped the brush into a little Cif & carried on until the mark had gone (for mould you could dip the brush into bleach & try that). Then I used a wet cloth to rinse the Cif from the spot cleaned areas.
Next I used a larger brush, dipped in the soapy water and methodically wet brushed the whole blind, with my hubby moving the tea tray appropriately so I could apply sufficient pressure as I worked. Finally I rinsed the whole mesh with a cloth that had been dipped in clean water & wrung out a bit
To finish off, my hubby wiped the outside of the mesh with a wet cloth whilst I held the tray against the inside. It sounds a faff but didn't actually take very long.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Funnily enough we just cleaned our flyscreen blinds today. Apart from general dust and griminess we had numerous dark spots where moths and flies had been accidentally caught & rolled up in the blinds when closing the windows late on warm summer evenings. Anyway this is what we did, with good results:
Working with my other half up a ladder on the outside, holding the back of a tea tray against the mesh I dipped an old toothbrush into a bucket of soapy water & gently scrubbed the black spots. For the most stubborn spots I dipped the brush into a little Cif & carried on until the mark had gone (for mould you could dip the brush into bleach & try that). Then I used a wet cloth to rinse the Cif from the spot cleaned areas.
Next I used a larger brush, dipped in the soapy water and methodically wet brushed the whole blind, with my hubby moving the tea tray appropriately so I could apply sufficient pressure as I worked. Finally I rinsed the whole mesh with a cloth that had been dipped in clean water & wrung out a bit
To finish off, my hubby wiped the outside of the mesh with a wet cloth whilst I held the tray against the inside. It sounds a faff but didn't actually take very long.
The tray is a brilliant idea. Will give your method a go. Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Might be easier to just remove the complete blind and surrounding frame. Ours are 2 screws top and bottom. Then you can lay them on a flat surface. :unsure:

Upvote 1
Solution
OP
OP
B
Jul 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
That is probably the best way but we wanted to avoid that in case we had problems putting them back šŸ˜„

Reactions: JnJ
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back