• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Claud Butler Gents 49cm Bicycle now reduced to £315.00

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
campervan
Exp
little
Ebay Item number: 113338512921 where there are more photos.

Claud Butler Dalesman Gents touring Bike (2009) 49cm frame; 27 gears £350.00

Bought new in 2009 and used regularly until 2015 when I needed to move onto a step through electric bike. It has been stored since then.

At the time of use it was a pleasure bike, used during holidays, touring and regular Sunday rides.

Its a very easy to ride bike, stable and comfortable; It handles well in all weathers & used for touring with rear fully loaded panniers it still behaves well, the 36 spoke wheels add reliability when carrying luggage.

The drop handlebars offer multiple hand positions for comfort over long distances and the additional brake levers on the top of the bars allow for extra safety when holding the tops of the bars in traffic.

It’s a gem of a bike & I’m really sad to be selling it, but as I can no longer get my leg over the saddle its rather pointless to keep it in the garage unused.

The bike has been regularly maintained, when it was in use, it was checked at least once a year by a competent bike mechanic before setting off to France.

This bike has travelled to France by train & ferry (no car) many times therefore it has some marks, its also completed at least one Bristol to London charity ride, where the bikes are brought back in a van by the organisers. Inevitably it isn’t in visually perfect condition, however the chips etc are not massive & its still a good-looking bike, if that’s what floats your boat.

Reynolds 631 frame with 520 Forks.
Original pedals with toe straps
Shimano Deore 27 gears, tiagra shifters

It has been checked over by a local bike shop before listing for sale & brought up to scratch.

The bottom bracket has been replaced on the recent inspection as has the handle bar tape & the rear inner tube. Everything else is considered to be fine.

There are a few additional features to the basic bike, including:
  • A rear rack
  • 2 bottle cages
  • Selle Italia Xo saddle
  • (the rails on the original saddle snapped in France & this one was bought there),
  • A Crops CP-F1006 computer, copy instructions included
  • Schwalbe tyres, we usually have Marathon + but I can’t find the markings on either tyre (the rear tube has just been replaced) There is also a spare tyre which is one of the original ones that i had replaced
  • Mudguards
  • A parking stand
copies of all paperwork & manual as the originals can’t be found

My wife has an identical bike with a few differences which will also be sold in due course which is why we have a set of paperwork because she’s super organised.
For practical reasons i am unable to remove the parts necessary for boxing this bike, the local bike shop will do this, but there will be an additional charge. I have recently sent a folding bike by courier to London which cost £40 with £500 of insurance. that bike went into the box without removing any parts. So this one is collection only or, perhaps a part-way meet up would be possible.
contact details: 01226 387441/07790438975
email: sellingmythings3@gmail.com
Barnsley, south yorkshire

Attachments

• CB1.JPG
    CB1.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 75
  • CB2.JPG
    CB2.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 67
  • CB3.JPG
    CB3.JPG