Classified ebay ad question (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi how do you get telephone no or email thru without being pulled by ebay people want to look at stuff thanks

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
hi how do you get telephone no or email thru without being pulled by ebay people want to look at stuff thanks

A classified ad allows you to put phone and email in. I have found in the past, selling caravans,cars and bikes, that using this format, people see the price. No bidding, no waiting etc. Have always sold well before the 28 day advert has finished. No final value fees to pay and you get the price your happy with. All for £14.99. Winner in my view.(y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The chances of not getting the price you want to achieve are very high. Why take the risk when you don't have to?

If you feel like that then put a reserve on it, I would have been happy with £27500 and over the moon with £29,000, I managed to get £32000, what are the chances of that happening using a classified ad?

NIL, zero, Zilch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you feel like that then put a reserve on it, I would have been happy with £27500 and over the moon with £29,000, I managed to get £32000, what are the chances of that happening using a classified ad?

NIL, zero, Zilch
Maybe you just under-priced it?

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

NIL, zero, Zilch

I wasn't commenting on classifieds, only eBay auctions. I bought and sold mulberry handbags on eBay and always placed a starting price or placed a reserve when selling. They were always in the high hundreds, so nothing like the price of a vehicle but even with those I wouldn't take the risk. I got real bargains when buying by using a snipe tool mainly from folk who didn't put reserves on.

It's great that you got a good price but the point is though that, on a bad day, might have got considerably less.

It may be that people who aren't used to eBay may not realise the consequences.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
If you look at completed or sold listings you can probably work out value of something might not be as much as you want or maybe more than you want but it will give an idea of low price and also upper price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back