Citroen van for retro conversion anyone ?

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
A little like marmite this one, with a light nod to the original, but comes in a few colours ready for conversion( height seems a problem but am told it comes also a high top) or to use just as a regular van.
Details a bit sparce atm but I can see a market for it. And tbh, it does look better in the flesh

I am serioulsy considering getting one all wrapped up in the company colurs etc, if nothing esle for an advert while delivering.
1681917827742.png

1681917862076.png

Citro%C3%ABn_Typ_H_1981_grey_vl_TCE.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
sure does, is it real or a toy though ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Looks like a Ford Transit that has been retro fitted to look like a Citroen.
Very nice, but how much?, and will they sell many or even get their money back? :unsure:
Caterers may be interested, but they also have a lot of choice with the likes of Airstream trailers which seem to be popping up in every shopping centre, like mobile coffee pots.
LES

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Looks like a Ford Transit that has been retro fitted to look like a Citroen.
Very nice, but how much?, and will they sell many or even get their money back? :unsure:
Caterers may be interested, but they also have a lot of choice with the likes of Airstream trailers which seem to be popping up in every shopping centre, like mobile coffee pots.
LES
it is a citroen, retro to be a but "type H" I think its circa 29 k + addons/colours
But Id have to check again,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
A little like marmite this one, but comes in a few colours ready for conversion( height seems a problem but am told it comes also a high top) or to use just as a regular van.
Details a bit sparce atm but I can see a market for it. And tbh, it does look better in the flesh

I am serioulsy considering getting one all wrapped up in the company colurs etc, if nothing esle for an advert while delivering.
View attachment 740933

View attachment 740934

I like the original a lot more, they can be found but at a price ( when in good condition)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
From the photos, I'm guessing it's just cladding on the sides? Everything forward of the a-pillar is very quick to strip off, so it's probably a relatively quick change over of panels and parts? Does much stuff at the front need repositioning or is it just plug in the lights and go? Do you have any vents or flaps on the body that'll ruin the effect?

OP
OP
Tombola

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
From the photos, I'm guessing it's just cladding on the sides? Everything forward of the a-pillar is very quick to strip off, so it's probably a relatively quick change over of panels and parts? Does much stuff at the front need repositioning or is it just plug in the lights and go? Do you have any vents or flaps on the body that'll ruin the effect?
when I had a look I first thought it was "clipped on" some way, but seems all to be welded on at the factory.
not sure about the lights etc, Im gonna go and have another look next week.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I saw a converted van using this body in 2019 NEC show and the panels are pressed original panels not stuck on. It had an imposing look about it. Sorry I cannot remember who the convertor was.

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
You will need to keep it clean, as that many creases will attract rust very quickly. I would have thought they would use plastic trims like on the cactus and a few other cars with profiled panel work

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
You will need to keep it clean, as that many creases will attract rust very quickly. I would have thought they would use plastic trims like on the cactus and a few other cars with profiled panel work
It will be Galvanised like the normal Citroen Vans 👏👏👏

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I rather like this. Our Dutch friends have a camper made from one of the originals. They've owned it for 30+ years. I think this has something of the same character, even though the older one has true retro charm. :)
I am all for having a lovely retro vehicle, but still prefer the improvements in comfort and driveability offered by modern vehicles. The original had a very agricultural 3 speed gearbox with a top speed under 50mph and was very noisy with the engine beside you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I am all for having a lovely retro vehicle, but still prefer the improvements in comfort and driveability offered by modern vehicles. The original had a very agricultural 3 speed gearbox with a top speed under 50mph and was very noisy with the engine beside you
TheBig1 I absolutely agree. That's why I've got a T5 instead of a VW splitty or a T6.1 (well, and cost, in both the very old and very new cases..!)
But my friends have taken their van all over Europe for 3 decades, so they obviously cope with it's limitations.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
A little like marmite this one, with a light nod to the original, but comes in a few colours ready for conversion( height seems a problem but am told it comes also a high top) or to use just as a regular van.

View attachment 740933

View attachment 740934

Needs a good iron but fair play to them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back