Chieftain Garage (1 Viewer)

C

CREAKY

Deleted User
Hey all,
Is there anyone here with any experience of the Chieftain G. We've decided it's the right next van for us, & would love any info good or bad please?

Cheers, Creaky:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have never owned the Chieftan but we had the Arapaho which is the same except we had a U shaped lounge where the G's bed will be. The build quality of the interiors and the tag axle chassis are great. I think that payloads are well in excess of 1.25 ton which beats many USRVs! An excellent choice of motorhome IMO :thumb:

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
Ive got a chieftain superb vehicle , its got everything youll need loads of space for all your needs no need to worry about weight , i havent got the garage model the bed was too high for us , but then again i didnt need the large garage anyway .A wise choice if i may say so .Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi creaky

we have an autotrail cheiftain g.we find it to be and excellent motorhome:thumb:we have had it for 18months now.
if you want to know more please contact us
regards brian & jo:Smile:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Intreasting post foe me as we have been thinking of changing our Hymer and we have though of an Arapaho. But we can not afford a new on so it would have to be a 2 year old one on the 2.8 Fiat.

What do they drive like when loaded, do they need remapping to get up the hils ok?

We currently have a 2007, 130 BHP Transit and it can realy fly along, last week we went over the A66 East bound and never dropped below 60 MPH and were never out of top gear. I would think the big Arapaho would be struggling a fair bit?

Richard...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our Arapaho would took us on couple 3000 mile round trips, fully laden, towing a trailer and 75kg of canoes on the roof, honestly it would fly along. Loads of power and a massive payload that you can use without detriment. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back