Checking my Inverter with an Oscilloscope


Does this digital scope have a spectrum analyser function? Once the signal is digitised, it's 'only' a software function. You could look at the value of the second, third etc harmonics (100Hz, 150Hz etc) and compare it to the mains waveform.
sadly, no. :(
 
Went to look at the inverter but neither of your links to it works anymore :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: DBK
This site contains affiliate links for which MHF may be compensated.
Went to look at the inverter but neither of your links to it works anymore :(
The links are out of date now but this one looks like it - although the price has gone up a bit - I only paid about £150 from memory. I didn't fit the remote control as I just turn it on and off with the isolating switch. But I think you do take a chance with these cheaper inverters. The reviews are mixed and I guess I've just been lucky.

If I ever have to remove it I'll have a look inside and see if there are any obvious filters for smoothing the supply.

Amazon product ASIN B07W4J13J5



But on the up side I've discovered the 'scope is working at RF frequencies - it was operator error by me - specifically trying to measure at the wrong point in the radio. :)
 
Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which MHF may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which MHF may be compensated.
  • Like
Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Log in

Already a member? Log in here.

Forum posts reflect the views of individual users and not MotorhomeFun.
MotorhomeFun does not endorse or verify user-generated content.

Back
Top