Chausson Welcome 55 3rd berth (1 Viewer)

Bowerhill

Free Member
Mar 20, 2016
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Autotrail Scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, we picked the above up today. The 3rd bed is made up in the dinette and we will figure out the cushion configuration! However, the passenger seat should form part of the bed but is an inch or two higher than the rest of the bed. We can't find a way to lower the seat (or raise the table!!!). Unfortunately the dealer could not help. Thanks for any advice.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a quick search and sometimes they are described as 2 berth so maybe that's what you have?

The only solution I can come up with is to use a memory foam topper on the lower part to level it out.

OP
OP
B

Bowerhill

Free Member
Mar 20, 2016
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Autotrail Scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the reply. Ours is definitely a 3 berth (4 seat). We'll have a fiddle around and see if we can cobble something up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi, we picked the above up today. The 3rd bed is made up in the dinette and we will figure out the cushion configuration! However, the passenger seat should form part of the bed but is an inch or two higher than the rest of the bed. We can't find a way to lower the seat (or raise the table!!!). Unfortunately the dealer could not help. Thanks for any advice.
Does the seat not have 2 means of adjustments, mine does on the fiat cab

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does the seat not have 2 means of adjustments, mine does on the fiat cab
Good point ... it might have up/down adjustment that they just haven't found yet!

OP
OP
B

Bowerhill

Free Member
Mar 20, 2016
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Autotrail Scout
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are rummaging around - nothing to date! Have even trawled the Fiat van website etc. Zilch. If there is a lever it's hidden very well!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We are rummaging around - nothing to date! Have even trawled the Fiat van website etc. Zilch. If there is a lever it's hidden very well!!
If it has any adjustment it would be on the side of the seat base, usually a couple of levers which look like they form the side pieces of the base but are actually levers.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
When we bought our 07 Fiat based Bessacarr MH with swivel seats i was very disappointed that they did not move up and down , i since discovered that they did move up and down with a pivot mechanism.
I have no idea if your mh is similar

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back