Chausson electric bed help on site

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Spidey, Oct 29, 2014.

1. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Ratings:
    +9,145
    I think the advice above was if the bed hsd gone so low the webbing wrapped the wrong way around the spindle so the bed controls became reversed might not be a good idea to follow them in every case!!!

David

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Ratings:
    +9,145
    I think it might have been better if the bed just had straightforward manual controls

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Shrimp

Shrimp Funster

Ratings:
    +4,447
    All I have to do is undo the travelling strap and pull to get our bed down, then push to get the bed up! Up is up & down is down!

4. Wombles

Wombles Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +5,907
    Update from Jayne - hopefully she has a temporary solution now :
    "Many thanks for all the advice & suggestions. Unfortunately this time the problem is not the usual press the 'secret' button or switch off & switch on. The bed seems to have gone too high and we think is probably above the sensor so hand cranking is the only solution. However we bought the moho second hand and there isn't a handle in with the bits we inherited. We're trying to contact the previous owner to see if they know where they 'hid' it. We've contacted Lowdhams & they don't have a spare handle!!! They are checking whether they can 'borrow' one of a van they have in stock."

5. Wombles

Wombles Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +5,907
    Solution found - added in case it helps any Funsters:
    "Update on the bed. Andy on Chausson Owners FB group suggested trying a long 5mm Allen key. Looking through my stash the Allen key for the Ikea wardrobes is just the job. So have managed to crank the bed down and use the reset instructions supplied by Project 2000 which someone else had shared. It worked... up & down like a bride's nightie. Having now done the hand cranking, although it's a pain in the proverbial, at least we know we can shift the bed if it happens again."

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015