Chausson electric bed help on site (1 Viewer)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
It doesn't matter insofar as power used. Appliances would work just fine.

The only difference is that the neutral is close to ground potential so there is no shock hazard from that wire, whereas the live wire is at a high potential and is a shock hazard.
So reverse polority is a problem that's needs addressing even if it does work since an S/P MCB would isolate the neutral and not the live

This truly is correct. My answer however was a comment on polarity effecting the way an AC motor runs. Some motors have two sets of windings to be able to run in both directions, a good example is a sewing machine. Having said that, I've seen a 3 phase motor start up in the opposite direction, on a Ward lathe, without any intervention, when it got its knickers in a twist, over which was the hot leg. It was many years ago when I was a mere apprentice. The foreman didn't half move fast to the switch board, before the chuck spun off. :happy:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
This truly is correct. My answer however was a comment on polarity effecting the way an AC motor runs. :happy:
I know mate, it was just further info for people to be aware off, just because it works doesn't mean it's safe(y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can anyone help a Chausson owner on Facebook who needs advise on how to hand crank their bed? They have tried the electrical override but not working. Where is the tool normally stored & how to use please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I think it just fits into the bumpy part under bed, if that makes sense. It fits easily and is easy to crank down.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
No I meant where is the person having a problem with their bed!!!!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
When we were on site last weekend we shorted out one of the 12v sockets the fuse also served the bed motor I wonder if this is the problem are the getting power to the bed controls

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
No reply from Jayne so hopefully she got it sorted. It is concerning that this seems to be happening in such new motorhomes without the excuse for wear & tear :(

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Any good I picked this off this forum a few months ago.
From a previous thread - this is what Spidey used to sort her Chausson electric bed:
Enter in programming mode after having switched on the panel. To enter the programming mode, hold the hidden button (between the button UP and DOWN) and the button UP for 7 seconds. The green LED light with the symbol of the key switches on. If it doesn’t, repeat the operation.
Put underneath the bed some supports able to hold the bed in the lowest position.
Press the button UP; the bed descends. Let it rest on the supports and keep pushing until the bed starts raising again. Bring the bed up to its higher position and let it press the electric contact (limit switch).
Let the bed descend and start programming the positions (depending on the model of the bed can be 3 or 4 points). Let the bed descend to the first position, press the hidden button plus the button DOWN. The LED on the arrows will switch off and on again. Repeat with this procedure for the next 2-3 points and the system will automatically quit the programming mode.
Yours may not be the same kind of bed but hope it works for you :)

Etap

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think the advice above was if the bed hsd gone so low the webbing wrapped the wrong way around the spindle so the bed controls became reversed might not be a good idea to follow them in every case!!!

David

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
No reply from Jayne so hopefully she got it sorted. It is concerning that this seems to be happening in such new motorhomes without the excuse for wear & tear :(
I think it might have been better if the bed just had straightforward manual controls

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
All I have to do is undo the travelling strap and pull to get our bed down, then push to get the bed up! Up is up & down is down!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Update from Jayne - hopefully she has a temporary solution now :
"Many thanks for all the advice & suggestions. Unfortunately this time the problem is not the usual press the 'secret' button or switch off & switch on. The bed seems to have gone too high and we think is probably above the sensor so hand cranking is the only solution. However we bought the moho second hand and there isn't a handle in with the bits we inherited. We're trying to contact the previous owner to see if they know where they 'hid' it. We've contacted Lowdhams & they don't have a spare handle!!! They are checking whether they can 'borrow' one of a van they have in stock."

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Solution found - added in case it helps any Funsters:
"Update on the bed. Andy on Chausson Owners FB group suggested trying a long 5mm Allen key. Looking through my stash the Allen key for the Ikea wardrobes is just the job. So have managed to crank the bed down and use the reset instructions supplied by Project 2000 which someone else had shared. It worked... up & down like a bride's nightie. Having now done the hand cranking, although it's a pain in the proverbial, at least we know we can shift the bed if it happens again."

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back